Hyatt Regency Kinabalu
Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu(Kota Kinabalu)
US$136
Trip.com
US$381
US$130
Agoda.com
The Klagan Hotel(Kota Kinabalu)
US$53
US$45
Hotel Sixty3(Kota Kinabalu)
US$64
US$60
Agoda.com
Hotel Shangri-La Kota Kinabalu(Kota Kinabalu)
US$50
US$119
US$97
  • Breakfast included
1,588 results
All reviewssea viewpedasoxtailrasamclub roomwithin walking distancebreakfast buffetthe south china seacentral locationshopping mallseafoodfilipino marketsuria sabahsunday marketjesselton pointkk citygaya street
Reviewed 5 May 2013

This is a nice, if rather dated hotel, with very old fashioned décor in the public areas. We had a large very comfortable room, almost spotlessly clean, with a very nice bathroom and shower. The aircon was not very powerful, and turns off when you leave the room, so leave a business card or similar in the ‘master switch’ if you want to return to a cool room.

You get 1 hour of complimentary wifi, that works well (thereafter chargeable). There is a modest swimming pool.

Food seems to be pretty good, we ate breakfast and a lunch in the hotel which were fine. The main café/restaurant is in the hotel atrium, which makes it rather noisy at times.

Bar prices are a little high, 22RM plus tax and service for a Carlsberg beer, and even tea/coffee were very expensive at about 14RM. (Tip - watch the world go by, with inexpensive beer and a basic meal, at the Upperstar Café and Bar, first floor terrace, just over the road from the hotel.)

Hotel staff were friendly and helpful, they were happy to give me a late check out at no extra charge.

The hotel has a good location in Kota Kinabulu. You can easily walk to most places of interest (mainly the markets and waterfront) as there really isn’t much else to see or do. Kota Kinabulu is mainly of interest as a stepping stone to trekking on Mount Kinabulu etc. or to transfer to other destinations in Sabah. The airport is only a 20 minute taxi ride away.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2013

At first I was given at the room where I am just above the roof and at the very end corner which is creppy as there isn't much people staying on that floor. The room doesn't have much space and the window is very tiny which I can only slightly look through to the sea.

I went to their spa and it is amazing but it's also very secretive, a secret doorway to the stairs and then a couple more doors to get to the spa and gym area.

During the evening there are some noises coming from the top (assume it is the air conditioning) so I rang up and I got a room change straight away. I got the opposite side of the room where there is a full bottom to top window overlook to the city, a great amount of space and it is just fabulous. I appreciate the quick service provided by Hyatt and I would go back to stay with them.

Room Tip: Try having above 8th floor (not 8th floor) because you will be looking at the roof of the building instead of the sea unless you are on the city view which you wouldn't have any obstruction of the view.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 May 2013

The halls and public areas need a complete refurbishing. Other than that, the hotel was very nice. Excellent staff, very helpful and friendly. Breakfast buffet was good room was modern, clean, everything worked, nice size, comfortable bed. Pool area was good and comfortable. Location was very good for what we wanted, close to the dive shs and the jetty where the dive boats departed from. The diving in the nearby park was great with good visibility and plenty of underwater life some trash washes in from the city. All in all we'd definitely go back.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2013

I ended up my trip of Borneo with a stay for a few nights at the Hyatt Regency and it was wonderful! Food was amazing - especially the buffets which were beautifully and artistically designed as well as delicious. The staff were so helpful and kind to us while we were there and keen to assist us in any way they could. The pool facilities are great too, with enough sun loungers. The rooms are stunning and bathrooms are great too with really good showers. It is in a good location as well which is great for if you are out at night. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank sunshine1834
Reviewed 24 April 2013

As the title explains. This Hyatt is average compared to other Hyatt's I have visited and stayed in. The rooms have been refurnished which gives it an appearance that it is a new hotel but in reality it is not. The only comment I can add to my review about this hotel you cant beat the location which is near to the ferry terminal (island hopping) and to the biggest mall of the city. The pool is nothing out of the ordinary. I didnt use the pool instead I visited different islands and swam in the ocean. I need to emphasize. It is all about location if you want to be in the city and near things. You want peace and quietness then visit any of the resorts OUT of the city

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo