It was my first time here at Kota Kinabalu, as well as my first time staying in this hotel. Compared to other Hyatt properties, Hyatt Regency Kinabalu has its pros and cons. The rooms are definitely the highlights, which are all freshly refurbished with modern furniture, comfortable bed, sufficient lighting, and the bathrooms are clean with a good shower facility. There are also a number of restaurants located in the hotel. I had a pleasant dinner in the restaurant. The hotel staffs are also friendly, and the bell staffs are at hand to assist with luggages. However the exterior and the lobby of the room looked very dark, and it was time for a major clean up and refurbishment. As a Hyatt elite member, I got free wifi, but the basic wifi was almost too slow to be any useful. I had to pay an extra 30 MYR to upgrade to premium, which is basically the normal speed but downloading music and video are still slow - definitely not the "premium" speed that they are trying to sell. BTW taxi to and from the airport costs 30 MYR and it is charged based on a zone system. From the airport, please remember to go to one of the taxi counters to purchase a ticket, and from the hotel, please ask the bell desk staff to assist.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience five-star Sabahan hospitality at Hyatt Regency Kinabalu, the premier choice for business and leisure travellers to Sabah, the Land Below the Wind. This luxury hotel in Sabah is a mere 15 minutes drive from Kota Kinabalu International Airport, offering a central location in the heart of the city close to tourist attractions and stunning views of the famed sunsets in Kota Kinabalu. Unwind in one of our 288 spacious rooms and suites all exquisitely designed with sophisticated comfort in mind plus some of the best views in Kota Kinabalu including those of the sparkling South China Sea or the Kinabalu city surroundings. Dining options at our three Kinabalu restaurants and bars are a food aficionado's delight with some of the best food the city has to offer. Be it a dip in the blue waters of the outdoor pool, a relaxing massage at the Avantang Spa and fitness centre or a party at our Shenanigan's Fun Pub, our Kota Kinabalu hotel in Sabah has it all for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Expedia, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Agoda, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hyatt Regency Kinabalu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Kinabalu Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Hyatt Regency Kota Kinabalu
- Hyatt Kota Kinabalu