Perfect location in town centre if that's where you want to be. Check in was efficient and room on no smoking 8th floor was well appointed. Good air con, good shower, comfy bed, flat screen TV with DVD player. Complimentary WiFi speed was quite acceptable, and higher speed is available at RM30 for 24 hours which is very reasonable compared to KL/Singapore hotels. If you are lucky enough to get a sea facing room, it is a spectacular view. Which brings me to one of two complaints. A fantastic sunset was shaping up after a hard days diving out on Gaya. I wanted to sit and watch it with a cold beer. The Regency Club lounge on the 12th floor is only open to members and club floor residents. This an an outdated concept. I didn't want free drinks or free nibbles; I wanted to relax and watch the sunset in my hotel and pay for a drink. But I couldn't. Instead I went out and watched from the promenade and I could see there was hardly anyone in the said lounge. Secondly, breakfast. There is a major renovation ongoing now of the big atrium where breakfast usually is. So breakfast is in a restaurant facing the car park. But all the blinds are down and its a really gloomy dull atmosphere. Breakfast should be a sunshine and daylight filled experience. In fact I'm amazed there is no restaurant facing the sea. What a waste of a fantastic view. Thats said, the choice was excellent at the buffet and staff efficient. And tasty coffee; always a good sign. So management - please raise the blinds. I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience five-star Sabahan hospitality at Hyatt Regency Kinabalu, the premier choice for business and leisure travellers to Sabah, the Land Below the Wind. This luxury hotel in Sabah is a mere 15 minutes drive from Kota Kinabalu International Airport, offering a central location in the heart of the city close to tourist attractions and stunning views of the famed sunsets in Kota Kinabalu. Unwind in one of our 288 spacious rooms and suites all exquisitely designed with sophisticated comfort in mind plus some of the best views in Kota Kinabalu including those of the sparkling South China Sea or the Kinabalu city surroundings. Dining options at our three Kinabalu restaurants and bars are a food aficionado's delight with some of the best food the city has to offer. Be it a dip in the blue waters of the outdoor pool, a relaxing massage at the Avantang Spa and fitness centre or a party at our Shenanigan's Fun Pub, our Kota Kinabalu hotel in Sabah has it all for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hyatt Regency Kinabalu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Kinabalu Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Hyatt Regency Kota Kinabalu
- Hyatt Kota Kinabalu