We spent a week in this hotel in December and booked a seview room on the hotel website. Got shown to a lovely room on the 10th floor but 1 night there was enough. The noise was unbearable, even on the 10th floor. The previous day we had been up at 1.45am to climb Mt Kinabalu and despite being absolutely knackered never got to sleep till about 3am.
I complained and we were moved to a 12th floor room with a city view (car park) for the rest of the stay. At least we could get to sleep there but not having that view was a shame and still a bit of traffic noise. The hotel is definitely past it's best, not the usual Hyatt standard. This really ought to be a 4* not 5.
However, it has a great location in the centre of the city and everything is on the doorstep. You could pay a bit more for the Shangri-La and Pacific Sutera and it would probably be worth it. The only drawback though is their location, requiring a taxi ride to visit town each day.
We did enjoy the breakfast, excellent buffet selection and the staff were great and very friendly. It's just a pity about the noise that emanates from bars in these asian cities. I don't know how you'd cope with kids in tow although they can probably sleep through anything.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience five-star Sabahan hospitality at Hyatt Regency Kinabalu, the premier choice for business and leisure travellers to Sabah, the Land Below the Wind. This luxury hotel in Sabah is a mere 15 minutes drive from Kota Kinabalu International Airport, offering a central location in the heart of the city close to tourist attractions and stunning views of the famed sunsets in Kota Kinabalu. Unwind in one of our 288 spacious rooms and suites all exquisitely designed with sophisticated comfort in mind plus some of the best views in Kota Kinabalu including those of the sparkling South China Sea or the Kinabalu city surroundings. Dining options at our three Kinabalu restaurants and bars are a food aficionado's delight with some of the best food the city has to offer. Be it a dip in the blue waters of the outdoor pool, a relaxing massage at the Avantang Spa and fitness centre or a party at our Shenanigan's Fun Pub, our Kota Kinabalu hotel in Sabah has it all for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hyatt Regency Kinabalu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Kinabalu Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Hyatt Regency Kota Kinabalu
- Hyatt Kota Kinabalu