All the boxes are ticked by this very pleasant and functional hotel but it is not cheap and is part of a big chain so really that is minimum you would expect. I give it 4 out of 5 only because at check in I was upgraded to a sea view room and club access which was the type of gesture that merits an extra one on the scale.
Indeed the sea view would almost have been worth the extra cash as it is a grand vista helped by the large balcony attached to the room.
TV was old and choice of channels rather limited but otherwise good 4 star hotel quality in the room.
Buffet breakfast was decent and the Chinese restaurant a nice place for lunch.
Do not though use the tour desk - they charge 50% more than you can get at one of the agents located just the other side of the shopping centre just by the side - the money changers there also have excellent rates.
Final criticism was the lack of free internet - I detest being charged for internet in this day and age. If you need a surfing fix there are plenty of places with free wi-fi nearby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience five-star Sabahan hospitality at Hyatt Regency Kinabalu, the premier choice for business and leisure travellers to Sabah, the Land Below the Wind. This luxury hotel in Sabah is a mere 15 minutes drive from Kota Kinabalu International Airport, offering a central location in the heart of the city close to tourist attractions and stunning views of the famed sunsets in Kota Kinabalu. Unwind in one of our 288 spacious rooms and suites all exquisitely designed with sophisticated comfort in mind plus some of the best views in Kota Kinabalu including those of the sparkling South China Sea or the Kinabalu city surroundings. Dining options at our three Kinabalu restaurants and bars are a food aficionado's delight with some of the best food the city has to offer. Be it a dip in the blue waters of the outdoor pool, a relaxing massage at the Avantang Spa and fitness centre or a party at our Shenanigan's Fun Pub, our Kota Kinabalu hotel in Sabah has it all for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Splitty, Expedia, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hyatt Regency Kinabalu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Kinabalu Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Hyatt Regency Kota Kinabalu
- Hyatt Kota Kinabalu