I stayed for a night for a resort experience in KK. The check-in was smooth which was done by a friendly staff who also welcome me, while we were having a welcome drink. The lady approached me and said my room was upgraded which was facing the sea and the swimming pool (yes, my reservation was facing the garden) without additional charges whatever. The room was very big enough three of us with well designed toilet, dining, bedroom and family rooms. Thumbs up for this. A great view for a sunset and swimming pool.
The breakfast was also excellent and the Restaurant Manager(?) (Iskandar) was friendly and he talked to us for about 15-20 minutes while having a breakfast.
The concierge staffs were also friendly, polite and very helpful when we asked for a shuttle bus or a taxi to the city. Another thumbs up.
The check-out was OK except I heard they have problem with the printer.
However, I have a quite annoying experience with the key-card. When I returned from the city on the 2nd day (it was before around 1150), the key-card didn't function anymore until I asked my daughter to check at the counter and they said the key-card was AUTOMATICALLY disabled by 1200hrs although I approached the counter on that particular day and the day before, that I can check-out the latest by 2 pm. This was also confirmed by an email. Whatever, it took nearly 20 minutes for us to enter our room.
A great place for a family. I will definitely stay here for my future visit to KK.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sutera Harbour Resort is Malaysia’s foremost premier integrated property. The resort encompasses the luxurious accommodation of The Pacific Sutera and The Magellan Sutera hotels, a 27-hole championship golf course, Sutera Harbour Marina & Country Club, two Mandara Spas and a host of dining and recreational facilities. Sutera Harbour Resort is also affiliated with 5 other eco-destinations in Sabah managed through Sutera Sanctuary Lodges including Kinabalu Park, Mesilau Nature Resort, Laban Rata, Poring Hot Spring & Nature Reserve and Manukan Island Resort. The resort also offers a luxury charter division, North Borneo Yachting and steam locomotive through North Borneo Railway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Splitty, Ctrip TA, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera & The Magellan Sutera) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera And The Magellan Sutera)
- Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera & The Magellan Sutera) Hotel
- Sutera Harbour Hotel
- Sutera Harbour Kota Kinabalu
- Magellan Sutera