I stayed at the Sutera Harbour in June- July of 2007 on 2 separate ocassions. I availed their promotion which was affordable/reasonable & comparing their promotion/service with hotels with the calibre of the sutera in the USA/Mexico/Caribbean which I won't be able to afford. The sutera is adjacent to the Magellan Hotel & Marina which is also a fantastic hotel. This hotel is ideal for honeymoon/romance/serene/family & by yourself atmosphere. They have swimming pool for adults as well as for children. The sea view from your hotel porch is tantalizing.They also have a free shuttle to & from the hotel/town.
If you are looking for a short walking distance to pubs/bars/restaurants in town then the sutera harbour is not for you and as far as I'm concern the lobby of the sutera permits smoking which bothers me a lot. I wish the management will impose a non smoking policy inside the premises of the sutera.
Thoug, I was billeted at the Sutera Harbour but ate dinner(which was part of the promotion) at the Magellan Hotel/Marina . Their dinner buffet was more than fantastic & it was set in an open air with the pond/falls/seaview . Their cold dishes/desserts buffet were inside the dining room & their BBQ/Broiled/Hot dishes were outside the dining room. The 1 hour balinese massage was also included in the promotion & they also have a very good gym.
The room I occupied was a bit bigger than I imagine ,clean,with bathtub,bathrobes,with see thru shower,enough towels /washclothes to last for 3 days & assortment of ammenities.I called their service technician to fix a bulb light that was not working & one of their staff came to change the bulb which I think was faster than the my city fire dept. Their breakfast buffet (also part of the promotion) were filled with local/western menus which sometimes I don't know were to start due to it's choices.
This hotel has a very good training manager/staff or their staff received good training .Honestly speaking the overall service at the Sutera Harbour will put to shame the service of most hotels in North America.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sutera Harbour Resort is Malaysia’s foremost premier integrated property. The resort encompasses the luxurious accommodation of The Pacific Sutera and The Magellan Sutera hotels, a 27-hole championship golf course, Sutera Harbour Marina & Country Club, two Mandara Spas and a host of dining and recreational facilities. Sutera Harbour Resort is also affiliated with 5 other eco-destinations in Sabah managed through Sutera Sanctuary Lodges including Kinabalu Park, Mesilau Nature Resort, Laban Rata, Poring Hot Spring & Nature Reserve and Manukan Island Resort. The resort also offers a luxury charter division, North Borneo Yachting and steam locomotive through North Borneo Railway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera & The Magellan Sutera) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera And The Magellan Sutera)
- Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera & The Magellan Sutera) Hotel
- Sutera Harbour Hotel
- Sutera Harbour Kota Kinabalu
- Magellan Sutera