I booked for a deluxe room however when we checked in it was fully occupied. I supposed it must had been over booked. But the front staff Rohana was so kind to offer me a SUITE room instead although we had to wait for 45 mins for the room to be readied. She also gave us complimentary drink and snack at the lobby lounge. I must say it was a very nice gesture from the hotel.
The suite room was fantastic overlooking the sea and sunset.
We were told by the porter that we could have breakfast at the club lounge, however when we turned up the next morning only to be told that we were not entitled by the staff in an unpleasant manner.That was quite embarrassing for us. There should be a better way to chase us out without humiliating. Breakfast at the 'Boleh' cafe was average, they had a large spread but the taste were off for most of the items and they served the same spread for all the 4 days that we were there. We even tried the ala carte food and to our opinion the food served were just below average and over priced.
We do have to complement another staff in the house keeping department by the name of Norehan whom by her own initiative, provided our family with an extra queen size thick comforter and 4 extra pillow to accommodate our family.
In all our stayed in Pacific Sutera was pleasant with few minor hiccups especially the food and some unpleasant gestures from some staffs. Best of all the pool was huge enough to entice our kids!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sutera Harbour Resort is Malaysia’s foremost premier integrated property. The resort encompasses the luxurious accommodation of The Pacific Sutera and The Magellan Sutera hotels, a 27-hole championship golf course, Sutera Harbour Marina & Country Club, two Mandara Spas and a host of dining and recreational facilities. Sutera Harbour Resort is also affiliated with 5 other eco-destinations in Sabah managed through Sutera Sanctuary Lodges including Kinabalu Park, Mesilau Nature Resort, Laban Rata, Poring Hot Spring & Nature Reserve and Manukan Island Resort. The resort also offers a luxury charter division, North Borneo Yachting and steam locomotive through North Borneo Railway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera & The Magellan Sutera) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera And The Magellan Sutera)
- Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera & The Magellan Sutera) Hotel
- Sutera Harbour Hotel
- Sutera Harbour Kota Kinabalu
- Magellan Sutera