We stayed here for four nights in a standard room. The room had a beautiful view over the bay and pool which made watching sunset a pure joy.
The room was clean-ish (there were some old stains on the bed covers and on the carpet but nothing which really fazed us) and a good size.
The BREAKFAST IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! I've never seen such an incredible variety. We would go back just for the buffet every morning. There was Korean, Japanese, Malaysian, English, pretty much everything you could think of. It was just a shame we got food poisioning from a trip to the markets so that we couldn't enjoy the buffet every day we were there.
The big downs to this place:
- the Airconditioning is set to suspended animation in the lobby and restaurants. We had to carry jumpers despite it being 40 degrees outside
- the wine collection isn't worth mentioning except that the $60 bottle we bought had turned sour (but no one would believe us). I'd recommend BYO'ing
- you can smoke EVERYWHERE. Lobby, restaurants, by the pool. Difficult if you come from a country where smoking is a pass time no longer acceptable in public places
Do remember to bring clothes to cover up in though. Remember that there is a large Muslim population and walking around the main town in short shorts and skimpy top will draw looks. They are too polite to say anything but it will remove the glances.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sutera Harbour Resort is Malaysia’s foremost premier integrated property. The resort encompasses the luxurious accommodation of The Pacific Sutera and The Magellan Sutera hotels, a 27-hole championship golf course, Sutera Harbour Marina & Country Club, two Mandara Spas and a host of dining and recreational facilities. Sutera Harbour Resort is also affiliated with 5 other eco-destinations in Sabah managed through Sutera Sanctuary Lodges including Kinabalu Park, Mesilau Nature Resort, Laban Rata, Poring Hot Spring & Nature Reserve and Manukan Island Resort. The resort also offers a luxury charter division, North Borneo Yachting and steam locomotive through North Borneo Railway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Travelbag, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, Ebookers, Ctrip TA and Southall Travel so you can book your Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera & The Magellan Sutera) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera And The Magellan Sutera)
- Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera & The Magellan Sutera) Hotel
- Sutera Harbour Hotel
- Sutera Harbour Kota Kinabalu
- Magellan Sutera