I stay in Pacific sutera last July'13(club room) found the room was good n tis hotel is rated 4* so tis yr I planned to stay in Megellan sutera bcos it's 5* rated. But After stayed 3nites here, I reckon it's only a 3.5/4*.
When we checked in, the guy told us that, our room was in pacific side, but I showed him my room voucher clearly stated Magellan. So he went in a room to seek for advise frm his manager. After 5mins, he told us that, the manager has upgraded us to a junior suit in pacific due to overbook in Magellan. We turned down the offer n insist to stay in Megallen, so he went in d room again & speak 2his manager. After awhile we were given wat we booked for. (Here I was not happy, 1)delayed check in 2) manager didn't come out personally n apologize )
We were given the room at Marina wing on the same level as lobby. It's d noisiest room where u hear ppl walk in n out n talk so loud. (Dun request 6level) Room was ok, but the biggest problem was No wifi in d room!!! (My last Kk transit, we stayed in a 3*hotel US$30/nite we managed to get wifi in lobby n room) this is a 5* n yet wifi only available in lobby & restaurant. ;-( unacceptable!!
After check in we sort of in a hurry to get into town until late nite. Next morning, when we woke up realised the room did not Hve a DND placard. So I decided to rang customer service for 1 & a tissue box. 30mins later I rang again, he say otw. So we went for bfast. Bfast at 5Sail just like a market. Food was ok. (V packed)
When we return 2room, our request stil otw, we couldn't be bother as we change n go to pool n enjoy the sun. When we come out from d room, we saw a lady hse keeper so we ask for the placard n tissue box, she say ok.
Pool was icy cold, not many sun chair (I reckon 30pcs?)
After 5hrs of sun, we return to room n realized our request stil not there. Very disappointed service n my husband rang & spoke 2the manager, within 5mins, we get wat we want.
Shuttle bus 2town is chargeable rm3 adult
No daily newspaper provided.
Last day bfast was nitemare, the staff brought us 2 Al freshco,said better view n d food the same as 5sail.
But Al freshco bfast is budget, food was cold, most of the food containers were empty. It's 8.30?? Coffee machine only provide coffee (unlike 5sail, cappuccino, latte espresso..)
Overall v disappointed Stay. If I got a choice, will pay extra to stay in Shangri la. (Either tanjung aru or rasa ria) Dats d best 5/6* hotel in d whole Kk. Professional staff, high std of food & choices n wonderful high speed of wifi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sutera Harbour Resort is Malaysia’s foremost premier integrated property. The resort encompasses the luxurious accommodation of The Pacific Sutera and The Magellan Sutera hotels, a 27-hole championship golf course, Sutera Harbour Marina & Country Club, two Mandara Spas and a host of dining and recreational facilities. Sutera Harbour Resort is also affiliated with 5 other eco-destinations in Sabah managed through Sutera Sanctuary Lodges including Kinabalu Park, Mesilau Nature Resort, Laban Rata, Poring Hot Spring & Nature Reserve and Manukan Island Resort. The resort also offers a luxury charter division, North Borneo Yachting and steam locomotive through North Borneo Railway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera & The Magellan Sutera) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera And The Magellan Sutera)
- Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera & The Magellan Sutera) Hotel
- Sutera Harbour Hotel
- Sutera Harbour Kota Kinabalu
- Magellan Sutera