I’ve stayed 2 nights at the pacific Sutera since I wasted to visit the Kinabalu park before going to other island.
I choose this one over the Shangri-la because of its location, since the price difference was not that big.
I normally check reviews before booking an Hotel and this avoids disappointments 90% of the time, but I must say this time I was very disappointed.
The hotel is expensive and is rated as 5 stars. I honestly don’t see how since the rooms are big but very outdated, and they have very bad sound Isolation, the staff is nice but not very efficient (our bags took forever to arrive) and the service both at lunch and breakfast was slow and bad.
The breakfast choice is very limited for an ocidental, the coffee is a machine coffee that did not work the majority of the times and the juices are not fresh. Besides the service is a complete mess, they block some tables for some apparently VIP guests, they are slow and not very nice. I think none of these are acceptable for a 5 stars Hotel.
They have shuttles to the city and to the harbour and the concierge was very efficient organising a visit to the Kinabalu Park.
Overall the Hotel was a total disappointment, the rooms, the staff and the service. I recomment choosing other 5 or maybe even a 4 stars Resort in Kota Kinabalu.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sutera Harbour Resort is Malaysia’s foremost premier integrated property. The resort encompasses the luxurious accommodation of The Pacific Sutera and The Magellan Sutera hotels, a 27-hole championship golf course, Sutera Harbour Marina & Country Club, two Mandara Spas and a host of dining and recreational facilities. Sutera Harbour Resort is also affiliated with 5 other eco-destinations in Sabah managed through Sutera Sanctuary Lodges including Kinabalu Park, Mesilau Nature Resort, Laban Rata, Poring Hot Spring & Nature Reserve and Manukan Island Resort. The resort also offers a luxury charter division, North Borneo Yachting and steam locomotive through North Borneo Railway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera & The Magellan Sutera) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera & The Magellan Sutera) Hotel
- Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera And The Magellan Sutera)
- Sutera Harbour Hotel
- Sutera Harbour Kota Kinabalu
- Magellan Sutera