We booked for 4 night in this hotel. when we arrived, they couldn't give us a sea view room as confirmed in our booking summary, we got an harbor view room instead which wasn't bad at all.
The room was spacious, proper and charming. my note 5/5
We didn't like the main restaurant at magellan (Five sails) which was overpriced ( 116RM per person for dinner) and not very good quality of food( pretty much the same everyday) 1/5
We loved "muffinz" a small muffin's club in front of the swimming pool. my note 5/5
As we were in a VIP place(magellan club), the staff was perfect, smiling, serving, listening, and always here. my note 5/5
we had breakfast in the magellan club lounge. It was really average, pretty much the same food everyday... my note 3/5
the swimming pool is big and proper ...we had so much fun playing with our baby in this nice swimming pool. my note 4/5
the private beach...a mini tiny small beach...we didn't like it at all ...if you love private beach...than this hotel is not for you...they don't have snorkeling masks for guests and when I asked for one...I immediately realize that they don't really care about the beach and services around. My note 1/5
finally, I was very disappointed by their cruise service (summer cruise) which is so expensive and a real mass. We paid 120 RM to go to private island...and on our way back...they put us in a shame boat without safety gilets...we felt like stupid tourists paying 500% more than local for the same service.
Also, They have "mandara spa". My wife had a balinese massage...she liked it ...it was perfect. 5/5
Staff, Room, location, Spool = good
Beach, Food, activities around : Bad.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sutera Harbour Resort is Malaysia’s foremost premier integrated property. The resort encompasses the luxurious accommodation of The Pacific Sutera and The Magellan Sutera hotels, a 27-hole championship golf course, Sutera Harbour Marina & Country Club, two Mandara Spas and a host of dining and recreational facilities. Sutera Harbour Resort is also affiliated with 5 other eco-destinations in Sabah managed through Sutera Sanctuary Lodges including Kinabalu Park, Mesilau Nature Resort, Laban Rata, Poring Hot Spring & Nature Reserve and Manukan Island Resort. The resort also offers a luxury charter division, North Borneo Yachting and steam locomotive through North Borneo Railway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TravelUp, Travelbag, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera & The Magellan Sutera) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera And The Magellan Sutera)
- Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera & The Magellan Sutera) Hotel
- Sutera Harbour Hotel
- Sutera Harbour Kota Kinabalu
- Magellan Sutera