Apart from a slight hitch with our room booking [not the fault of the hotel but of our travel agent] I can honestly say that our stay at The Pacific Sutera was well worth the money we paid. The staff were always pleasant and helpful and nothing was too much trouble. The room was very comfortable and bright with a beautiful sea and pool view although I do think that the TV could do with an upgrade as could the televised content [no Australian content considering the amount of Aussie tourists that go there]. I must give special credit to two staff members who really went out of their way to be helpful. These were Jack [one of the Concierge's] and Jual [the pool manager]. These two guys really know their jobs and have a terrific rapport with the guests.
The restaurants and cafe's at both properties [Pacific and Magellan] are terrific and cater for all tastes. We tried them all. However, they could do with a lesson on how to make a good Pizza. This was the only bad meal we had at the Magellan. The base was way undercooked and the cheese was not Mozzarella [too much and too salty]. But hey, going to Malaysia for Pizza is like going to Italy for roti and curry!
The breakfast spread at the Pacific Sutera is one of the best I have seen! - And I have stayed at many hotels in the last 18 months having just completed a round-the-world trip which included the USA [east and west coast], Canada, Italy and Thailand. The only thing missing was real bacon.
For the golfers - you would be hard pressed finding a nicer course for the money - all 27 holes of it. Some of the holes are spectacular - running along the sea front. It even offers the option of night golf! The clubrooms and club restaurant are in keeping with the rest of the resort - excellent.
The free shuttle service is another added feature of the resort. It leaves every hour from 8am with the last one returning from the city at 9.20pm. Not too many resorts offer this service - especially in an air-conditioned 36 seater tourist coach.
All the bookings we made for various tourist activities went without a hitch - just further evidence of the efficiency of the staff at the Pacific Sutera.
After such a pleasant experience I can say for sure that we will definitely return one day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sutera Harbour Resort is Malaysia’s foremost premier integrated property. The resort encompasses the luxurious accommodation of The Pacific Sutera and The Magellan Sutera hotels, a 27-hole championship golf course, Sutera Harbour Marina & Country Club, two Mandara Spas and a host of dining and recreational facilities. Sutera Harbour Resort is also affiliated with 5 other eco-destinations in Sabah managed through Sutera Sanctuary Lodges including Kinabalu Park, Mesilau Nature Resort, Laban Rata, Poring Hot Spring & Nature Reserve and Manukan Island Resort. The resort also offers a luxury charter division, North Borneo Yachting and steam locomotive through North Borneo Railway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Holiday Gems, Odigeo and Travelbag so you can book your Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera & The Magellan Sutera) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera And The Magellan Sutera)
- Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera & The Magellan Sutera) Hotel
- Sutera Harbour Hotel
- Sutera Harbour Kota Kinabalu
- Magellan Sutera