We stayed at the Sutera Harbour for 10 days in all with a short break when we climbed Mount kinabalu. We found the rooms comfortable, especially the beds, and the rooms pleasantly designed. We had a lovely view over the harbour. The staff were very pleasant and we didn't have any of the problems some people have mentioned.
The hotel was very busy and there was pressure on sunbeds but we always managed to get them if we went to the lap pool which we were happy to do. Our teenage sons were kept busy with the billiards room and bowling, plus the town is within easy reach.
The food in all the restaurants was of a high standard, we particularly enjoyed Ferdinands where the staff really spoilt us.
All in all a very pleasant time was had at the Sutera.
If I had any moans it would be plates tended to be cleared while other family members were still eating. I really don't like this but I have noticed it happens a lot in Asia. I also felt that although the food at the New Year gala dinner was wonderful, the entertainment was poor and it felt like a long time until midnight.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sutera Harbour Resort is Malaysia’s foremost premier integrated property. The resort encompasses the luxurious accommodation of The Pacific Sutera and The Magellan Sutera hotels, a 27-hole championship golf course, Sutera Harbour Marina & Country Club, two Mandara Spas and a host of dining and recreational facilities. Sutera Harbour Resort is also affiliated with 5 other eco-destinations in Sabah managed through Sutera Sanctuary Lodges including Kinabalu Park, Mesilau Nature Resort, Laban Rata, Poring Hot Spring & Nature Reserve and Manukan Island Resort. The resort also offers a luxury charter division, North Borneo Yachting and steam locomotive through North Borneo Railway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, TravelUp, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera & The Magellan Sutera) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera And The Magellan Sutera)
- Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera & The Magellan Sutera) Hotel
- Sutera Harbour Hotel
- Sutera Harbour Kota Kinabalu
- Magellan Sutera