My boyfriend and I stayed at the Pacific Sutera for 5 nights in May 2009. It was absolute heaven!!! It is such a beautiful resort.
I have to say that my absolute favourite thing about this place is the pool. There was no better feeling than sitting at the pool bar drinking cocktails with the sun shining and the music. It was heaven!
All of the staff that we came across were absolutely fantastic. They were all so friendly, happy and helpful. Even the cleaners would smile and say hello as you walk past them. The staff all spoke good english so that made the stay even easier. The concierge, Jack was absolutely fantastic.
The shuttle bus made it really easy to get between the Pacific Sutera and the Magellan. We ate at a few restaurants at the Magellan part of the resort, really good food and atmosphere. Obviously the prices are more expensive than what you would pay if you were eating outside of a resort, but the prices were still fantastic compared to what we would pay in Melbourne. Room service is a bit of a rip-off but that seems to be the case everywhere.
The resort offers a free shuttle to town which was handy, although there isnt really a lot to see in town, it's pretty poor and run down but all of the people are still so friendly. There are plenty of great tours that you can do from Kota Kinabalu if you dont want to lounge around by the pool.
We did a trip to the Shangri-La Rasa Ria resort to see the orangutans, would highly recommend it. The baby orangutans are sooooo cute and it's fun to watch them playing. We had to walk through a lot of the resort at the Shangri-La to see the orangutans and I have to say that Sutera Harbour seems way better.
Will definitely stay here again if I revisit KK.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sutera Harbour Resort is Malaysia’s foremost premier integrated property. The resort encompasses the luxurious accommodation of The Pacific Sutera and The Magellan Sutera hotels, a 27-hole championship golf course, Sutera Harbour Marina & Country Club, two Mandara Spas and a host of dining and recreational facilities. Sutera Harbour Resort is also affiliated with 5 other eco-destinations in Sabah managed through Sutera Sanctuary Lodges including Kinabalu Park, Mesilau Nature Resort, Laban Rata, Poring Hot Spring & Nature Reserve and Manukan Island Resort. The resort also offers a luxury charter division, North Borneo Yachting and steam locomotive through North Borneo Railway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera & The Magellan Sutera) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera And The Magellan Sutera)
- Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera & The Magellan Sutera) Hotel
- Sutera Harbour Hotel
- Sutera Harbour Kota Kinabalu
- Magellan Sutera