Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera & The Magellan Sutera)
Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu(Kota Kinabalu)
US$136
US$120
LeMeridien.com
  • Pool
Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa(Kota Kinabalu)
US$291
US$266
Shangri-La.com
Hyatt Regency Kinabalu(Kota Kinabalu)
US$110
US$57
US$161
US$116
  • Breakfast included
The Klagan Regency(Kota Kinabalu)
US$63
Hotel Sixty3(Kota Kinabalu)
US$98
US$73
3,041 results
All reviewsal frescofive sailscafe bolehgolf viewbowling alleysilk gardenspice islandmarina clubshuttle busswimming poolsmall beachnorth borneo railwayevery hourclub roommanukan islandthe south china seabuffet breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 October 2010

Resort has two wings, the Magellan is newer with many pools. The Pacific is more of a business hotel. The lobby is oversize, like a hangar and not very attractive. Hotel rooms need upgrading, they are a little run down. Best feature is the breakfast with all kinds of western, Malaysian, and Chinese food. Chefs hand make fresh rotis while you wait with lots of curries and lentil type fillings. Rooms are large with free wife. A good place for families since it is relatively inexpensive with rooms going for about $150 and lots of room for kids to run around,

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2010

Check in @ 1pm at the Pacific Sutera Harbour resort in Oct 2010 but I was told that the room was not ready.
Waited and waited and waited!
Went to reception area @ 1335hrs and found an Australian couple checking in and they let them check into their hotel room in 10 mins! SO i asked what happened....... Finally, they let me check in early BUT they lost my luggages............................
Excuse me, are u a 5 star hotel resort? How could u lose my luggages in just 45 mins???
O sir, could you come and have a look to see if they are in the luggage room???
what???? And we are trying to help you! One of the senior hotel person said to me

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank TOM C
Reviewed 14 October 2010

I stayed at the Pacific Sutera for four days. The hotel is huge, the compound is huge, and the outlook onto the marina is fantastic. I think this establishment would've been impressive when it first opened maybe 20 years ago but now, its style is dated and the fixtures are worn, e.g. faded wood in rooms, cracks in bathtub.

I initially felt positive about the fact that at the very least, the rooms were clean even if they were a little old. That was until I spotted a dead grey-coloured gecko stuck to a wall in a corner of my room near the front door which looked like it had been stuck there for weeks. As you would expect, I immediately called housekeeping to remove it.

But my major gripe about this hotel is the poor service and lack of initiative shown by staff at this hotel. It started when I tried to book an airport pick-up for our group. I was told the hotel doesn't arrange this and that I should just take a cab as "the hotel is only 10-15 mins from the airport". What sort of response is this? What sort of decent business hotel doesn't make arrangements for such a basic service? After I pushed they finally sent me a list of cars that we could book.

The restaurant staff weren't much better though I experienced varying levels of service throughout the various F&B outlets. Some of the wait staff were attentive but others just stood around, not making themselves useful. At the hotel's Chinese restaurant, I had asked a waiter for a new teacup as the one I was given was dirty. He looked at me for a moment then walked away. And never came back. Now, I don't expect everyone to speak English (which unfortunately is the only language I can speak) but I would expect that in a restaurant, that type of request is fairly simple and straightforward. Food overall was average in taste and presentation. How can a restaurant in Malaysia make nasi lemak taste so bland and unappealing?

There was a girl at reception called Sheila who should reconsider her career options as she was definitely not made to be in the customer service business. She was curt, rude and acted like it was such a pain to be helping hotel guests with their enquiries. Your hotel guests pay for your salary! Horrible attitude.

I haven't tried the other hotels at Kota Kinabalu, but I am fairly certain that it would not be difficult to find a better place to rest your head and chill out by the pool for the same amount of money we paid here (over SGD200 a night).

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank missduhr
Reviewed 12 October 2010

The Hotel forgot me in the air port even I booked for a transfer service from air port to the hotel. I was surprised but the staffs seemed very peaceful, just told me they will cancel the transportation charges.

When I checked in, the air conditioner was leaking and the dirt on the furniture is thick. The sea view room was just like you can see a small harbour, but blocked by trees. The beach is not a real beach, because the sea shore where you can walk on is no longer than 10M.

The other day, I took the tour offered by the hotel cooperating tourist company " sea quest". I paid 250RM / person but later I found out the guests from Meridin hotel only paid 180RM, lower 38%. I can not understand why guests in the same tour should pay for such a different price. Did the hotel charge it from the tourist company ? I 'm still wondering.

When Chencking in, I used my master card for pre-authorization. But when I checked out, I decided to pay with American Express. The staff told me she will cancel the pro-authorization amount. But after 3 days, the 2300USD is still frozen in my account. I checked with the bank, but our bank told me normally it could be cancelled immediately. So, have to check with the hotel by mails now.

Very bad expierience there, will never come back again. And suggest nobody to go there anymore.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 October 2010

This resort offers almost anything from massage, to pool bar to jet skying to trips to neighbor islands to great breakfast to great restaurants to golf and more and more. Very happy with our stay!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple