This was our fifth visit in six years. After reading some of the (very) negative comments on this forum, I was expecting a drop in quality. In fact, I seriously considered changing our reservation to a different hotel. Fortunately, I didn't change anything. Nexus proved exactly as great as it had been on all previous occasions. The beach must be one of the best in Asia, the gardens are impeccably maintained, and the new villas further down the beach are well worth the extra buck. Modern amenities, breakfast by the pool overlooking the sea, no sign of crowds ... My wife and I stayed in one of the spa villas, which offered approximately 1,000 square feet of luxury and amazing views. Only a few times did we bother to visit the main hotel (which did feel busy on Friday afternoon, but so would any other hotel in Asia). It is true that the dining facilities are quite limited in the new development but room service is good, and nothing beats the experience of having a candle-lit dinner on your balcony and watching the sun go down.
Hope to be back many more times.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nexus Resort Karambunai is set within 3,335 acres of unique & unspoiled beauty. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Nexus Resort & Spa Karambunai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nexus Resort And Spa Karambunai
- Nexus Resort & Spa Karambunai Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Nexus Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Nexus Hotel Karambunai
- Nexus Resort Sabah
- Nexus Resort Karambunai
- Nexus Sabah Hotel
- Nexus Karambunai Hotel