To our surprise, we were upgraded to a suite because the king bed, ocean front room we paid for was not avail. The bellhop showed us our room and told us that the mini bar is complimentary. We double checked and were told yes it's complimentary and just let housekeeping know when we want it topped up. During our stay our tips reflected how grateful we were for the upgrade and the wonderful service we received.
Syed at the Penyu showed us the utmost hospitality and service above and beyond any fine dining we experienced in our travels and at home!
Amin at the sports and recreation center is one of those people you feel fortunate to have met. He is so knowledgeable about the landscape and taught us a lot about the orangutans from his experience working at the orangutan rehab center behind the Shangri-la. We recommend going on a nature walk with Amin offered at the hotel. We can't say enough about him!
We had a wonderful stay. Like others we recommend hiring a driver to the tourist attractions so you can take your time to enjoy them. Go to the Gayang seafood restaurant not too far from the hotel for a fabulous and reasonable dinner!
The cons: although the staff were warm and friendly, they often only greet the men. The upset after a wonderful stay was the check out. It turns out the mini bar was not complimentary. The manager was condescending and exclaimed that there is no such thing as a complimentary mini bar. We know for a fact that is not true. We asked why we weren't provided with a price list of the mini bar items. She asked us for the name of the bellhop who told us. Really? We're on vacation and didn't think we need to take notes. We couldnt help but feel like this was a scam. Who has the time to argue this out when there is a shuttle waiting and a plane to catch? Luckily we didn't over indulge and we paid the bill after proofing that there were extra charges tacked on.
We were sure we would come back but the experience during check out made us loose trust in their establishment. We will be looking for another resort for our return to Borneo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nexus Resort Karambunai is set within 3,335 acres of unique & unspoiled beauty. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotelopia, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Expedia, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, TravelUp, Fastbooking, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Nexus Resort & Spa Karambunai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nexus Resort & Spa Karambunai Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Nexus Resort And Spa Karambunai
- Nexus Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Nexus Hotel Karambunai
- Nexus Resort Sabah
- Nexus Resort Karambunai
- Nexus Sabah Hotel
- Nexus Karambunai Hotel