We have been to the Nexus 4 times over four years and we keep coming back. We have found that it is the best place for a family vacation. We have children between the ages of 3 and 14, and we can do just about everything together. This is not to say that the resort does not have it's share of frustrations, but we've learned to live with them, and enjoy the good life.
>Gorgeous Grounds, with foliage and lights and waves and sea breeze. It's a beautiful spot.
>Lots of activities for the family. We can Batik Paint together, play soccer, play outdoor chess, go swimming, go bike riding (on tandem bikes, very fun) Ping-Pong, Tennis, Squash, The best thing is, it's always available. Unlike Club Med, when you can only do certain activities together as very restricted times. Here at the Nexus, it is all open, always.
>Fantastic beach, with great sand-castle making sand. Nice waves and surf too.
>Lagoon Beach! We love the chance to go waterskiing and knee-boarding, all 8 of us in the boat together. This is one of the main draws that keeps us coming back
>Spacious rooms. The connecting King/Double rooms is one of the biggest we've seen
>Seclusion - with 20 minutes from the nearest shopping, and 35 minutes from KK, you're away from it all.
>Borneo Spa - this is my wife's favorite spa in the world. The atmosphere is utterly relaxing, with their huge grecian pool and lounge in the waiting area, and the whirlpool/sauna facilities and massage selection. We infrequently spend the money for a hotel massage, but this is one place where we indulge.
>Rooms are dated, and the electronic light control doesn't work at all. We had to cover lights with towels at night, because we couldn't turn them off
>Breakfast service could be faster and more efficient. It is galling to wait in line for 30 minutes to be seated, and watch other people walk right in and sit down from the other entrance. They need more staff in the dining area in the morning.
>Nexie Club - the room is messy and needs a MAJOR facelift. The carpets are filthy and sticky, and smell in the room is bad. It has gotten worse every year. We hardly spent any time there this year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nexus Resort Karambunai is set within 3,335 acres of unique & unspoiled beauty. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Nexus Resort & Spa Karambunai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nexus Resort And Spa Karambunai
- Nexus Resort & Spa Karambunai Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Nexus Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Nexus Hotel Karambunai
- Nexus Resort Sabah
- Nexus Resort Karambunai
- Nexus Sabah Hotel
- Nexus Karambunai Hotel