My husband and I stayed for 2 weeks in the Nexus for our honeymoon. I'd read the reviews after booking and was terrified about how it would be, but on arrival I could not see where the complaints were coming from!
Our room was beautiful, luxurious, meticulously clean and a real pleasure to stay in. We were in a room in the main building near the reception.
The resort itself is big with great facilities that seem very underused, which was great for us as we always got sunloungers and slots at the spa! Speaking of the spa, that too was gorgeous. Very relaxing and a lovely environment. The resort was very clean but yes, there were a few little signs of wear and tear- nothing major.
The staff were wonderful- nothing was too much trouble. They were constantly asking if we needed anything and going out of their way to make our honeymoon perfect.
The only downsides were how expensive the restaurants were, especially the price of alcohol, but all the food we ate was very good with great service, and I guess you expect that on a nice resort in the middle of nowhere. Some have said that the distance of the hotel from the city was a downside, but we liked that- it was nice to be somewhere quiet but be able to get to the city quite easily. The shuttle bus takes about 45 mins each way and costs 24 RM return (about £5) but taxis are about £75 RM each way. We quite enjoyed the journey and looking at the countryside.
Breakfast was great, there was plenty to chose from- English, Eastern, pancakes, cereals, fruits, yoghurts, porridge, pastries etc. We ate far too much every day!
We did lots of trips- there are plenty of tour operators with desks in the hotel who are only too happy to help.
In short, we had a wonderful honeymoon and will definately return to the Nexus. Sabah was beautiful, the people were amazing, KK was a lot of fun, the day trips were brilliant and Nexus was the icing on the cake.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nexus Resort Karambunai is set within 3,335 acres of unique & unspoiled beauty. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Fastbooking, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Nexus Resort & Spa Karambunai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nexus Resort And Spa Karambunai
- Nexus Resort & Spa Karambunai Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Nexus Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Nexus Hotel Karambunai
- Nexus Resort Sabah
- Nexus Resort Karambunai
- Nexus Sabah Hotel
- Nexus Karambunai Hotel