I used to live and work in Kota Kinabalu between 2002 and 2008 and I regarded Nexus Karambunai as the VERY BEST resort hotel in the whole of Sabah. Now retired my wife and I return twice a year to holiday in KK and we usually return to old haunts to drink and dine.
This time back we went to Nexus Karambunai to drink at the Sunset Bar and dine at the buffet restaurant.
We could not believe how the hotel had been badly managed and not had any routine maintenance or upgrades done to it for what seems to be the last 5 to 10 years. To us this seems even criminal for such a wonderful asset to be left to decay. Such a fantastic seaside location and such a well designed building and gardens to be left to go to wrack and ruin.
All the other resort hotels have been well looked after and upgraded to keep up with modern standards, but Nexus Karambunai has not.
This hotel is now barely 2 star whereas previously it was definitely 5 star.
I should though say that the staff were all courteous and efficient when we dined there and the food and drink were quite acceptable.
Needless to say we shall not be returning until they bring back the old sparkle to the fabric of the buildings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nexus Resort Karambunai is set within 3,335 acres of unique & unspoiled beauty. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Fastbooking, Agoda, Odigeo and Southall Travel so you can book your Nexus Resort & Spa Karambunai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nexus Resort And Spa Karambunai
- Nexus Resort & Spa Karambunai Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Nexus Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Nexus Hotel Karambunai
- Nexus Resort Sabah
- Nexus Resort Karambunai
- Nexus Sabah Hotel
- Nexus Karambunai Hotel