Our first trip to KK, and stayed here for three nights on a package which included golf for 2 adults, breakfast and lunch (at the golf club). Both of us are golfers so the golf package was of great interest. Overall, we found the staff good, the hotel location and grounds excellent and adequate things to do or relax. However, it was lacking the 5 star feel but we didnt mind.
We had asked for an airport pickup and there was a nice Toyota MPV waiting for us - very comfortable ride to the hotel. Check in was a bit slow and an area to improve. We had booked the Ocean view rooms and I had asked for a high floor, both good choices. The room was spacious, well equipped, free internet, large bathroom with shower cubicle and bath and a lovely balcony with a view of the ocean.
1. Golf every day - very pictureque course, loved it, and the staff there were great. Book a tee off time in advance. The concierge used to drop us in a golf cart (2 mins away) and after the golf we used to get dropped back directly to our room. A lunch after golf is a must do, and the serve one of the best peeper beef kway teow we have had in the region!
2. The beach - shallow, clear water and you can walk for at leats 50m in. A walk along the beach is wonderful in the evening - almost 4 km long.
3. Have a drink and or dinner at the Sunset bar. Limited menu but the best option in our view. Kingfisher was the other restaurant which serves Asian food and was not bad.
4. Jungle walk - sign up for this which starts at around 7:30 am. A pleasant guide will take you for a walk in a jungle trail ending at the top of a hill with a splendid view of the resort. Must do.
5. Get some wine with you - and enjoy it on the balcony in the evening.
6. The spa - very nice and worth a visit. Also has a gym nearby if you wish to use it.
7. Very child friendly (though we did not have children with us) - and lots of activities to keep them busy. Also have a playroom with minders.
8. A supermarket was a useful feature in the hotel as you could get your necessities (drinks, snacks etc.) there.
9. Helpful and good concierge and transport facilities.
Room to improve:
1. TV - missed out on the Tennis because the cable channel wasnt working.
2. Food - a wider and nicer range would be good. The coffee shop by the pool was disappointing in terms of quality.
We went for a quiet time to relax and play golf and this was just the place. In fact we did not go to town on a visit and just loved the location. If you want to do touristy things then you need to do more research on that. I will go back with some friends again for the golf.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nexus Resort Karambunai is set within 3,335 acres of unique & unspoiled beauty. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Fastbooking, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, Odigeo, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Nexus Resort & Spa Karambunai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nexus Resort & Spa Karambunai Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Nexus Resort And Spa Karambunai
- Nexus Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Nexus Hotel Karambunai
- Nexus Resort Sabah
- Nexus Resort Karambunai
- Nexus Sabah Hotel
- Nexus Karambunai Hotel