My family (husband, 12 year old son, and I) just returned from a week in KK, 3 nights at Nexus and the last 3 at Shangri-la's Rasa Ria Resort. Our room at Nexus was an Ocean Panorama on the 4th floor. I would recommend asking for an upper floor room so you can enjoy the fabulous view of the sea and sunset from the balcony. The room was large, very clean, and very posh. We had none of the plumbing or electrical problems that others have written about. I wonder if they stayed in the villas. I loved being just 2 minutes from the restaurants and pool, so I'm glad we stayed in the wing we chose.
The gardens and beach were lovely and full of chances to encounter wildlife. Twice I came upon Giant Monitor lizards, once in the garden and once as I jogged along the jungle edging the beach. There were also crabs, starfish, and so many colorful birds. Always keep your camera ready.
The breakfast buffet was more than adequate and very tasty. We also had meals at the Sunset Bar where the food was a litte bland, but the view was unmatched anywhere.
The tranquil pool and the other recreational areas were well-maintained. The resort was not crowded and so we could enjoy table tennis, pool, the bicycles, squash all at our own pace.
The staff were friendly and competent, handling all of our requests with ease. Taxis and tours were arranged without any problems. We joined a snorkelling tour to the nearby islands and being out of town posed very little hardship, we just had to leave a little early in a taxi (about 80ringgit). The hotel seemed a little quiet, so if you are looking for nightlife, this is not the place for you. We looked at a couple of places in town (where we could have a broader choice of restaurants and bars), but we would have traded in the beauty and tranquility of this quiet elegant resort for the noise and chaos and smell of the town. We felt very welcome and upon leaving, we felt well-rested and very satisfied. I'm sure this is the place for anyone interested in enjoying some peaceful time in a gorgeous setting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nexus Resort Karambunai is set within 3,335 acres of unique & unspoiled beauty. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Fastbooking, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Southall Travel, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Nexus Resort & Spa Karambunai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nexus Resort & Spa Karambunai Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Nexus Resort And Spa Karambunai
- Nexus Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Nexus Hotel Karambunai
- Nexus Resort Sabah
- Nexus Resort Karambunai
- Nexus Sabah Hotel
- Nexus Karambunai Hotel