“Tried & Liked!”

Fook Yuen
Ranked #31 of 742 Restaurants in Kota Kinabalu
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Description: Next to Old Town White Coffee, the next block down from the Jesselton Hotel, across from Hotel Sixty3
Reviewed 14 March 2019 via mobile

Went to have a go at the breakfast spread after hearing about the cafe as well as watching it on TV not long ago. Have been to KK plenty of times but never been to Fook Yuen. The food was not disapponting and the kopi o ping was awesome!

Date of visit: March 2019
Write a reviewReviews (362)

Reviewed 13 February 2019 via mobile

One my agenda of visiting KK this time is to try this eatery after promoted in Halal Foodie channel hosted by Pappi Zak hence it turns out to be disappointment. We took few dishes such as Nasi Lemak Bungkus, Pulut Panggang, Dim Sum and beverages. When we queue to make payment, there was one cashier counter closed and a Malay girl was handling cashiering without urgency and taking sweet time does her work. Imagine at the back of me approximately 15 peoples waiting anxiously and the food they were holding like hot dim sum, fried noodle become cold and lost appetite. Finally, a guy came with his lackadaisical attitude, sat at the cashier counter and starts doing settlement. The worst part is, you have to order drinks at the cashier and must present the copy of receipt to the so called beverage maker and wait to be collected yourself. So, the whole system is not practical and doubt that I would visit to this place again. If this kind of eatery exist in my homeland Japan, definitely can't be sustainable long.

Date of visit: February 2019
2  Thank raven781
Reviewed 26 January 2019

It has been quite some time since I last had a decent Kuching Laksa - just haven't been able to find them anywhere outside of Kuching. But this place does them quite well, and at a very low price too. If I'd had more time I would have come back for a second laksa, it was really so good. Also had a coconut here - that, unfortunately, wasn't so good - all the flesh inside had disappeared (must have been quite old).

Date of visit: January 2019
1  Thank KGB777
Reviewed 15 January 2019

My family of 6 had a hearty breakfast there. Cheap, yet it serves fresh kopi tiam breakfast. It even serves dim sum..and make sure you also order the kaya toasts ("roti kawin bakar"). Location is in the heart of town. Definitely will be one of our breakfast place when we go to Kota Kinabalu the next time!

Date of visit: December 2018
1  Thank Jasmin B
Reviewed 20 December 2018 via mobile

I was confused with the map on website that I couldn't find this restaurant on the first two days, luckily I found it on third day while I stroll along another street, it's just behind Old Town White Coffee at Gaya Street...I had my lunch twice here, with just a few ringgits until full stomach and not less good taste!

Date of visit: December 2018