“Surprisingly good western food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Party Play Lifestyle Cafe
Ranked #31 of 555 Restaurants in Kota Kinabalu
Cuisines: American, Bar, Cafe
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Surprisingly good western food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

We visited on 12 July 2014 and really enjoyed our dinner. We have calamari for entre to share at 15R, there was a spicy tomato sauce to accompany it and we enjoy the dish.
For main my husband had the Thai chilli basil chicken about 12R with rice. It seemed tasty enough but I won out with my order of lamb steaks with salad, wedges and pepper sauce 22R, the lamb was perfectly cooked on a grill and I was lucky enough to get 3 pieces so my husband was in luck. The salad was fresh and had a nice sesame dressing. The wedges were nice but the winning ingredient was the pepper sauce.
With a bottle of beer and soft drink the total was 80R, there is a 10% service charge and 6% gov tax so keep that in mind if you are on a budget.
We would definitely return for a hit of western food, and I wouldn't hesitate to order the same dish. I would like to try the deserts here as they looked divine but I simply didn't have room, despite sharing my main meal.
Great value and okay service - I had no worries about waiting for the food but we would have had another round of drinks if the waiter had been more attentive and I ended up going to the counter for the bill as we didn't want to hang around (without a beer for company!).

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mmsie

Berau, Indonesia
“Two Tumbs Up”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

A very pleasant dinner with my big family with a superb menu delicious and the service very friendly and happy once

Visited September 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Special”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

The Bar its pretty chill over here , kinda like american style .
Beers is cheap here , nice deco btw

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SecondWin
“Nt a pleasant experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

This plc used to be serving gd food..seriously dunno what happened. The staffs are really nt helpful and such a put off..despite me telling them repeatedly ofy choice of food..they still brought the wrong one..and the food was just ok...atmosphere is pretty decent though

1 Thank SashaHudson33
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
“Love the atmosphere ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

I like this place, I do. I mean really. It's a very nice place to hangout a grab few bottles of buds, but... I don't really like the waiters. Not so friendly and ignoring me and my friends when we're about to take order. Not just any kind of ignorance but an ignorance that can make an impatient customers to leave this place. The performance is awesome, I like it. It's just that sometimes people don't really pay attention to them despite they're trying so hard to entertain them. Well, don't worry me and my friends love your performance. Hope you're reading this. ☆ ~('▽^人)