“Excellent Food”

Gusto Food & Wine
Ranked #12 of 569 Restaurants in Kota Kinabalu
Price range: US$10 - US$39
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Child-friendly, Kids, View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Wales
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Every time we visit KK we go to Gusto as we know we will have an excellent meal and this time was no exception. The food is cooked especially for you so you must be patient and enjoy the view, sipping on your wine and munching on a starter and watching the boats sail by. Portions are excellent and more than adequate for my big appetite

• Visited October 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Newcastle, Australia
“It says slow food so be patient as it is worth the wait”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We had dinner here one night at KK and this was very good Italian cuisine. Sure we waited a while but that is what the sign says and it was worth the wait. If you want fast food go up the road to the stalls on the sea front. Portion sizes were good and food was very tasty. Great location overlooking the harbour. If you come here just be patient it is worth it. Have a glass of wine while waiting!

• Visited September 2013
“1st night in KK”
Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

We had just arrived in KK and we were looking for somewhere that we could get something to eat without having to stand on ceremony too much. When we arrived, I think the chef had just about finished up, but they fired back up for us. Neither of us were up for anything fancy and the food was good quality when it arrived. If I had have checked tripadvisor before going, and seen it quite high up on the ratings, I might have wanted to "test" the Italian chef a bit more. All, in all though, we were satisfied with our food and if we were that way inclined (we never go back to the same restaurant when on holiday), we would definitely go back.

Great setting by the way.... Overlooking the sea.

Visited September 2013
Brussels, Belgium
“Ottimo cibo/Wonderful food”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

While walking on the water front in KK, I noticed this Italian restaurant. Honestly, I'm not a fan of Italian restaurants outside Italy. But after two weeks of very tasty but very spicy food in Borneo, my stomach asked for a break. So, I said to myself "Why not?" and Slow Food label removed the last doubts I had.

So, in a nutshell, the food was very good and tasty. Off course the location is amazing as well: eating while staring at the sunset is wonderful.

I read in some other reviews people complaining that service was too slow...Maybe as non-Italian they are not aware of the Slow Food concept. In a Slow Food resaturant, people take the time to eat and enjoy the food, which is cooked on the spot by the chef. Ingredients are also carefully choosen, taking into account local products and environmental concerns.

For a quick snack, better go elsewhere...

• Visited August 2013
Byron Bay, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The pizzas at this place are delicious!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Gustos are a very friendly and have a lot of time to make you feel welcome, the pizzas that we had were great and full of flavor. I do highly recommend Gustos to anyone that visit the waterfront in Kota Kinabalu!

• Visited July 2013