“Great Restaurant”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

My wife and I ate here three nights in succession during a recent trip to KK. The food was delicious. The staff were really friendly. The chef takes particular care in making sure he understands how you like your meal cooked. The wine list is great and the value for money is tremendous. We'll be back. ..!

1  Thank dousco

Reviewed 5 January 2014

It rained when I went to the Filipino Market, so I was seeking shelter when I chanced upon Gusto Food & Wine. I had smoked salmon salad followed by carpaccio di tonno, which was a platter made in heaven. I also had a bottle of wine (don't judge).

The next day, I had to go back. I had the carpaccio again, followed by spaghetti with freshly picked mushrooms and truffle. Oh. My. God. No, you don't want to share your food. I ended the meal with the homemade tiramisu.

By the way, the tuna is the day's catch. So, if the boat's late, you gotta wait a bit longer for the carpaccio. But it's worth it.

Such gorgeous food at a great location for sunset-viewing. What more can you ask for?

The only thing missing is a toilet. Diners have to use the public toilet, which can make you puke.

2  Thank AlphaMinah
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

During our stay in KK we visited Gusto Food & Wine twice. With postcard views, lovely food, wonderful service, and a great international wine list, there is very little that can come close to this little slice of Italy set within the picturesque KK Port.

Visit it once, visit it twice, just be sure to give it a shot :)

Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stayed in KK for 3 nights over NYE 2014 and ate at Gusto all 3 nights. Found it by chance on the first night and had a transcendental experience with the calzone! Maybe it's because we'd had such disappointing food elsewhere, but our first meal at Gusto was so fresh, the dough, so light and everything seasoned so perfectly, that we couldn't stop thinking about it! This meal was a perfect 10.
Next day was NYE and we wandered the waterfront to see what other foods were on offer, but nothing looked as good as Gusto, so we ate here again. Salmon salad was so yummy, dressing was amazing and the fresh greens were perfect. We also had the mussels, and tomato/mozzarella salad. Only complaints on this evening was the wait and the portion sizes. We were told that it would be long, but was over 2 hours before we got our mains. Also portion sizes were so big that we were full after the starters. Wish we had been told when we ordered how big the portions were, as we would have merely ordered 3 dishes for our whole table. Had to waste half of the mussels and 2/3's of the pizza as we couldn't finish and couldn't store in our hotel. Also, very kind owner allowed us to pay in HK currency, when we discovered that we were short on funds.
On the 3rd night we went back again, Jones'ing for the pizza. Unfortunately, they were out of the pizza dough and also had no salads (day after NYE, waitress said they'd been up until 3am the previous evening) so, we all had rigatoni, prepared in various methods. Once again so yummy, and by this time, the staff knew us, so was a great last meal in KK.
We had none of the issues with smell of the water, etc..and honestly, it's not really a problem of the restaurant, but of the city. If you are going to eat outside in a city in Asia, you are going to have smells! That's just the facts Ma'am!
Would highly recommend this restaurant! Settle in, order some wine, get a salad, pizza and enjoy the night!

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Traditional & original Italian wholesome food. Service was great & wine was cheap but good quality. A true family involvement at this restaurant