“Too Pricy”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
“Too Pricy”
Reviewed 10 January 2014

during weekdays their set breakfast menu is fantastic and reasonably priced. however, comes weekend, ala-carte food is too pricy, very commercialized taste of food. I had a prawn noodles with chicken in it, the chicken is obviously being kept in the fridge for too long with the fridge smell...disgusting. however, coffee is still the best to go with roti kahwin kaya butter.

Visited January 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Tweed Heads, Australia
“Nothing special”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Tried this place as part of our search for a decent coffee... still searching! The coffee is brewed so not particularly the full flavoursome taste we're used to at home. I ordered the Nan Yang C (hot) thinking it would close to a flat white - the flavour is similar even though it comes out looking like a black coffee with a dash of frothy milk on top - skip the sugar as it's quite sweet anyway (I think they add chicory). Also ordered a western breakfast with egg, toast, baked beans and a chicken sausage - it was nothing special but filled the gap. My son ordered peanut butter toast, it was simple and delicious, as was our French toast. I was annoyed we couldn't pay using credit card. The counter signage says credit card payments are accepted for sales of more than RM30, however the cashier advised that their credit card facility was 'temporarily down' - when I questioned this I was told they hadn't offered credit card facilities for more than 12 months... grrrr!

• Visited January 2014
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“Great coffee”
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Huge selection of hot and cold coffee's. quite surprising really for where it is. Right in the heart iof old town Sabah. good menu and a little bit of Western sanity in a predominantly chinese and muslim community.

• Visited October 2013
Makati, Philippines
“Slow service”
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I'm a bit biased as I love their white coffee. Me and my friends ordered a breakfast plate and it arrived 45 minutes after. A waste of time for travelers on a tight schedule.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank MauriceEspina
Los Angeles, California
“Good Breakfast”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

My hotels restaurant was under repair so I went to this place across the street. Coffee was good. Poached eggs were under cooked for my taste. I wanted to be like a local and tried a noodle thing that was OK. Service was fine.

• Visited December 2013