“Expensive & Food is not up to the standard!”

Table No.1, Tanjung Aru
Ranked #326 of 569 Restaurants in Kota Kinabalu
Price range: US$5 - US$50
Cuisines: Asian, Fusion, Malaysian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Catalonia, Spain
“Expensive & Food is not up to the standard!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

Visited Table No 1 with my friends month of September. Impressed with the atmosphere, very cozy with attractive interior design. However, we are a bit disappointed with the food. Food was a bit pricey, looks terrible and not up to the Standard as other Restaurants in town. They served cold main course to us and Starter come after main course. The staffs should improve their service as well. I will never come back unless they improve their service and food!

• Visited September 2013
4 Thank orquidearoja

KL
“Nice & comfortable setting.”
Reviewed 27 February 2013

This pleasant restaurant was located very near to the famous Tanjung Aru beach. The interior deco was good and comfortable.

This 'fusion' restaurant with a mix of local and western dishes fared well with my tastebuds. The alcohol-free status was ok with me as I do not need them. I had the rib-eye medium well, and it came like it was: medium-well.

Price may be higher then most KK joints, but not far from similar restaurants in Kuala Lumpur. I got there by taxi from the city centre, and the taxi seemed to know the place well. I did however had some problem flagging one going back. My advise is to call for a taxi, as it was near the airport my taxi arrived in minutes after I call (I should have called earlier -lah).

For a non-hotel restaurant, I like the atmosphere. It was easy. It could do a bit of sound damping, as the converted bungalow had brick walls and high wooden ceilings.

Service was ok, I hope as time progresses, the waiters can learn the menu better and converse with their diners with regards to the food options available.

I can see that the proprietor invested good time and money into this new restaurant. I wish the best for them. I will drop by again when I get to KK.

• Visited November 2012
5 Thank imkj
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Dreadful”
Reviewed 27 February 2013

Limited menu, worst alcohol-free lager ever tasted.
Starters ok although waiter removed my wife's plate while I was still eating!
Wife's main course fine but my prawn linguini tasted dreadful and told waiter - shrugged and walked away.
Got bill and we walked away never to return again.

6 Thank BarkingMad_11
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
“Rooms for improvement”
Reviewed 24 February 2013

The restaurant has a nice setting and looks like a present place to dine especially with friends and family. However, we were disappointed. Although I received an SMS confirming my reservation a day before. There was none when we arrived. The menu choice is limited but should be sufficient, if only the items are available. One item on the main course stated Must Try was not available. One item on the dessert stated Must Try was not available. This was at 7pm. Adding to the frustration was that there was no coordination with the food served. The main course arrived even before we have finished our starter. Very little interaction from staff and our request to speak to the chef was ignored. It looks like the staff are more concern with getting the task done than giving a wonderful dining experience. This is the least we can expect since the price tag is on the high side. Certainly still have rooms for improvement. Until then, I will not return.

5 Thank ITravel0ne
Kent
“Dreadful service, cold food”
Reviewed 23 February 2013

We took our friends here for dinner - what a mistake that was. The main course and desserts we originally ordered (recommended, according to the menu) were not available - not a good start. Soup arrived 15 minutes before the 2 other starters. Mains arrived before we had finished eating our starters. My main course was cold. The ladies both ordered the same dessert. One arrived 10 minutes before the other. Average food, dreadful service, quite pricey. They do not serve alcohol. Every time we drove past the place appeared to be busy. Maybe we were very unlucky but, having checked with friends who have also dined there, it appears that our experience was not unique.

5 Thank JMLMTS