“Best fried rice I have ever had!”
Review of Yamagoya Ramen - CLOSED

Yamagoya Ramen
Cuisines: Japanese
“Best fried rice I have ever had!”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Had a fantastic meal at Yamagoya Ramen in Kota Kinabalu. It was ridiculously cheap and food came extremely fast! I did not have Ramen, but I had their fried rice, which was amazing, with a chicken dish.
There weren't many people in the restaurant besides us, which made it a nice quiet evening, but the place deserves to be full everyday!

• Visited July 2014

“Giving authentic Japanese ramen joint a bad name.”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Tried a few times before giving a review is just the way I roll. First when it has just opened, I tried the signature ramen, it was pretty good, I was joyous, but the second visit changed my opinion when I ordered the one with the black garlic oil, it tasted a bit artificial, meaning that the broth was not freshly made, and it was like they used some kind of pre made seasoning to make the broth.
Last time I went, I ordered some side dishes, and the tonkatsu I ordered where extremely greasy, chewy and tasted funny, far far far far far...from the one I eaten in Tokyo, not even close to some I tried in KL...disappointing, because I really love ramen, and this one needs a lot of work...

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank XeonFire
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
“Nice ambient”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Service was quite fast, maybe because there were only 2 tables occupied during my visit.
Food quality was so-so, the Mukashi Ramen was a bit salty and quite expensive for the quality and portion.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank rusticwanderess
Kota Kinabalu
“RACIST !!! TERRIBLE SERVICE .”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We went on the 25th.January.2014 at around 7.30pm night 3 person . Due to all the bigger table is occupied most of them by 2 person sitting on 4 person table by the way, we are asked to settle with a 2 person table , hence we need to drag and extra chair. Out of the 2 table available , we wanted to sit slightly in the shop but instead we are force by the waiter to sit under the chilly air curtain near the entrance . We insisted to sit inside but the waiter keeps giving all sorts of excuses . After sitting down at the terrible spot with 3 person sitting on a 2 person table , in less than a minute 3 white person came in and they are allowed to sit in the table we originally wanted to sit in with the same orientation . This obviously shows the racial discrimination of the shop . Unless you are white , DO NOT GO HERE , they only idolize white people !

• Visited January 2014
Hong Kong, China
“Shocked at other reviews although..”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Service, food, price was excellent in comparison to other places we'd dined. We dined there twice.

I'm shocked at other not-so-good reviews however we did only have one bowl of ramen. The fried rice was excellent.

• Visited September 2013