“Remarkable and amazing riding with a Champion”

Borneo Biking Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Macau
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Remarkable and amazing riding with a Champion”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I’d the great opportunity to ride in Malaysia – Sabah region with a group of friends.
We find Borneo Biking Adventures trough internet and contact Bryan by email. Everything was take care very easy and fast without any kind of problem. We meet Bryan at Kota Kinabalu airport for the first time with everything very well organize. I was excited to ride with Bryan Wade, a 5 times British Motocross Champion 500cc, 250cc and 125cc. Also 4th place in the world motocross championship and I tell you guys, he’s an expert rider. When the ride become hard for us is always very easy for him :), also you can learn a lot with his tips, conversation, great experience and nice stories.
Most of the tour is on excellent road asphalt, brand new roads and perfect to enjoy the natural environment. You just have to worry about local people, trucks, motorcycles and animals that cross the road.
I like the Aprilia’s Pegasus 650cc. it’s powerful and very funny to drive, really recommended. Thank you Bryan for this outstanding experience bike tour.
João

Visited April 2014
1 Thank idiamin
wad1e, Owner at Borneo Biking Adventures, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Thank you Joao... It was great fun having your group here, I had a fantastic time, we need to do it again. Kind Regards Bryan.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Outstanding experience!”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I heartily endorse all the positive things said about this excellent biking experience. Although I was the only one signed on for the first part of the week, Bryan made me very welcome and we went on some fantastic roads. The accommodation is first rate and the biking thrills take some beating. If you like the Far East AND biking, this is the ultimate combination.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Roy C
wad1e, Owner at Borneo Biking Adventures, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Thank you so much for the positive feed back, I'm delighted you enjoyed yourself. Your welcome back anytime.
Doha, Qatar
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Great way to see more of Sabah”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Thanks Bryan for showing me snd my buddies around on the offroad biking tour. It's great that you are able to modify your routes according the abilities of the riders in the group. I also particularly liked the hospitality up inthe hills overlooking KK and the very nice B&B, great rooms, great views, nice pool and bar and great company.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Thung673
wad1e, Owner at Borneo Biking Adventures, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
I had a great time showing you the beauty of Sabah, I'm delighted you enjoyed your trip, remember there is still loads more to see. Keep safe and well..
Sutton, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“An amazing 2 days - thanks Bryan”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We found Bryan and Borneo Biking Adventures on TripAdviser and we are so glad we did! Had lots of contact with Bryan before we arrived in Borneo, giving him an idea of what we were looking for and then once we arrived we met up for a drink and dinner a few days before our trip.

Bryan was fantastic, we were on our honeymoon and really wanted to see some of the un-spoilt part of Borneo. He had a couple of options for us but had really thought about what it was we wanted.

The morning of our trip he picked us up from our hotel in KK and we went back to pick up the bikes and change into the right gear. He spent a while with my husband running through the bikes and explaining what we'd be doing and then made sure that we had the right equipment, jeans, jackets, gloves and helmets - all well worn but perfect.

We did about 300kms on both days and boy did we see Borneo - we had a fantastic time. We set the pace, Bryan knew we hadn't ridden for a while and I certainly hadn't been on the back of a bike for that length of time but we stopped regularly, for coffee, cold drinks and food. Bryan is great company, informative and certainly knows what hes doing on a bike!

Thank you for making our trip so special and really interesting - we had an absolute blast!!!! Hopefully one day we'll do it again!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Beth P
wad1e, Owner at Borneo Biking Adventures, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thank you for trusting us with your valuable free time... I think we managed to fill your adventure with some amazing things. It was great having you here, your both welcome back anytime.
Prince George, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Borneo ride”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I found Borneo Biking Adventures online,and worked with Brian through email to iron out the details. He was prompt and professional with emailing advice to help.
Brian picked me up at my hotel in KK,and we went back to pick up the bikes.I was happy when I saw that I'd be riding a fairly new bike in good condition.Our bikes were identically prepared,the only difference was mine was red,his grey(and his had a top box for tools and first aid kit).
The bike had a latching compartment for a wallet and passport,very handy.We left out of the bike garage area,went into town for fuel.The bike was dead-easy to ride,and even if you're a bit short,seat height is going to be fine.We fueled up and headed out,through some fairly normal kind of roads,then turned off onto smaller,more rural roads.
I had asked Brian to choose a route that would take us on the worst,roughest roads that the bikes would manage,and I think thats exactly what I got!.At some points,I wondered why any sane person would have even built a road as steep and twisty as the ones we went down.Brian knows the bikes very well,I never felt actually worried of crashing or that I was going in over my head,but it was really a proper challenge.It was exciting and fun.I recall riding into one village,down switchbacks through farmland......it was as scenic as I had hoped it would be.
We got rained on a bit,but it was warm enough that it didn't really matter.On the way back to Brian's place,we had to ride a bit of busy road,but not much.The day's mileage was around 300km?...enough to be a good day.
The next day,same thing,prompt pickup and straight into riding.During the day,Brian let me lead a bit,and that was a good time.I tried to ride smooth lines and keep a decent pace!
Advice for anyone looking to book a ride with Brian?
-Bring a gopro,you won't be able to expain to your friends the places you went.
-Go for at least......four or six days? minimum.I should have rode longer.
-Once you are done riding in Borneo,consider a street ride in Malaysia.I did one and it made a nice compliment to my offroad ride.Again,four to six days minimum.
Overall,good ride and well worth the fee.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Jim C
wad1e, Owner at Borneo Biking Adventures, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Delighted you enjoyed your adventure, I think we covered most types of riding in the short time you were with us... It was great to see you handled the off road like a professional... Thanks for the kind words, come back and see us again.