I am not usually one to complain a lot, I have stayed in some rank hotels in my time, but never have I been this disappointed. Usually when i book budget, I am happy when I get what I pay for. Likas Sq however did not measure up to the price. I hope this review will help other travellers on TA to avoid making my mistake here. What a dump. we arrived at 8pm on a Saturday evening to a beautiful lobby of marble and stainless steel after booking the hotel one month previous for a two night stay in KK. Unfortunately the facade disappeared quickly when we exited the lift on the fourth floor and entered a poorly lit, filthy corridor on the way to our room.
This is a long list, so bullet points are best.
- Kitchen mouldy and unclean
- Cups and very basic tea/coffee but absolutely nothing else
- Marks from past guests foods etc, still throughout cupboards
- Stainless steel sink rusting and corroded
- Fridge clean but with foul smell, and not even switched on at the wall.
- Air conditioner very noisy
- Old TV with no DVD player etc.
- Furniture old and inadequate
- Walls badly marked and paint chipped everywhere
- Sofas and cushions torn
- Bathrooms worse than that found in a 10RM/night hotel
- Very bad mould throughout bathroom
- Both toilets leaking and constantly running
- Pathetic WiFi network, need "token" from reception but network overloaded, so even if you manage to make the token work, the internet is ridiculously slow.
Ultimately, I feel cheated and dirty and if I could rate this "condotel" less than 1 star, I would. I am under no delusion that hotels in Malaysia (and through Asia for that matter) rarely meet the quality of those we expect in Australia and I am reviewing this hotel in this fashion because the management of this establishment are deceiving prospective clientele. We booked the hotel from Australia and I can assure you the photos on their website do not match the venue. The hotel is remote compared with the rest of KK and considering how brilliant the food is in the rest of Malaysia, the food and 'restaurants' around Likas Sq are very very very poor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Likas Square Apartment Hotel offers spacious 3 bedroom suites with modern furnishings in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysian Borneo. Linked to a shopping complex, it is just 15 minutes from Kota Kinabalu International Airport, 3 minutes from 1 Borneo Hypermall, Jesselton Point and Likas Sports Complex and Golf Driving Range, walking distance to the Sabah Trade Centre and offers free scheduled shuttle service to Kota Kinabalu City Centre just 5 minutes away.Elegantly furnished with the scenic Likas Bay, Mount Kinabalu and quaint city of Kota Kinabalu as its backdrop and ample space ranging from 1352 square feet onward, it features a living room, dining room and kitchenette, all with individually controlled air-conditioning, a television, telephone, modern bathroom facilities, refrigerator as well as coffee and tea making facilities, WIFI and parking.In house guests can utilize the outdoor swimming pool while enjoying the views of Mount Kinabalu, or workout in the fitness center while children play at the playground. The hotel also has an all day dining Café and meeting rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Likas Square Apartment Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Likas Square Condotel Hotel Kota Kinabalu