Hotel Grandis
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu(Kota Kinabalu)
US$136
US$101
LeMeridien.com
  • Pool
Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa(Kota Kinabalu)
US$283
US$252
Agoda.com
Hyatt Regency Kinabalu(Kota Kinabalu)
US$110
Trip.com
US$202
US$145
Agoda.com
The Klagan Hotel(Kota Kinabalu)
US$62
US$58
US$161
US$115
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Grand Borneo Hotel(Kota Kinabalu)
US$47
US$55
US$47
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsrooftop barjesselton pointsuria sabah shopping mallblu barsea viewroof top swimming pooldirect accesswatch the sunsetjesselton jettyspacious roomsmall poolfirst floorgaya streetfamily roombreakfast buffetminutes walk awaywalking distance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I have already sent email to the hotel prior to my arrival, requesting a double bedroom as it was my honeymoon trip. The manager replied me that they could arrange a king size bed for me. Upon arrival they just gave me a twin bedroom. I showed the receptionist that I requested a double bed room, but he told me that it was only subject to availability. He told me no double bed room would be available for 3 days. I was so disappointed then what's the point in sending an email to request.I had to sleep in separate beds with my husband on my honeymooon trip.
I have to say the hotel in clean and the location was very good indeed.
I booked this hotel because it looked good with swimming pool. However the staff told me that the swimming pool was under construction.
This is very disappointing indeed.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Venus c
Hotel-Grandis, General Manager at Hotel Grandis, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

I am really disappointed and sad to learn about this situation now. I have since reminded the staff to escalate such problem so that we can resolve it then. Please accept our sincere apology.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Located in a shopping center. I had a superior room which was spacious and clean except for the lone cockroach in the bathroom! It was quickly dealt with by housekeeping. Exceptional reception staff. Breakfast was good too but I think staff numbers need to be increased. My gripe is that only plain coffee was available and if you need your lattes and cappuccinos, you will need to pay extra. I suggest a coffee machine be set up up where guests can make their own coffees. This is already done in most hotels. And please fix the carpet in the cafe. It is loose and bunched up in the middle section and I hope no one trips over it! Despite all this, I would rate this hotel highly in terms of cleanliness, staff and value for money ( for the special rate I paid). As an aside, I was informed that my floor was non smoking but I could smell smoking as I walked along the corridor!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a sea or bay view!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank chrisj28
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Overall is a good place to stay. Location is prefect cause it at heart of city center where all is within walking distance. Hotel is also same block as shopping center.
Room is good and spacious.WiFi at time is slow maybe due to someone doing streaming of video.
Breakfast is another areas of positive comments...oh....view in breakfast areas is wonderful. F&B Staff is very friendly.
Only areas of improvement is it was pouring "cats & dogs". Sitting at lobby, I saw hotel guest asking for umbrella and reply was...."we have no umbrella"...no offer of suggestion where to buy.Some guest just left disappointed.
Me, I ask for newspaper and it took them few second of pondering which I quickly reply on their behalf...."No". to myself. I am on working trip hence would like to read what their current affairs.
Well,if they improve in attentive to guest, they will go a long way in recognition for excellent in services.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Andrew T
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Room was clean and service was not too bad although a call for housekeeping service was delayed on the second day. View of a few islands, the biggest one being the turtle island was calm and soothing. Caught cruising speedboats and vessels for tourist heading for Jessel Point Jetty also; some people fishing too along the walkway as we took a way along the waterfront footway.
Being next to the shopping centre is a good location too although didn't really walked thru' the whole mall.
Overall a good experience##

Room Tip: Room facing the sea with view of some islands & the Jessel Point Jetty ~ cool and calm; quiet tOO...^^
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Eleanor W
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Just returned from a 3 nights stay at Grandis. We paid for a deluxe family room - 1 king sized bed + 2 single beds( City view)but when we checked into the room, we realised we could not even draw the curtains as there are workers working right outside our window. So there is no privacy at all. As all the family rooms have this problem, we have no choice but to move into deluxe sea view room which did not have enough beds for our family. While the sea view is great, we encountered other problems; 1) almost zero wifi in the room- we have to stand along the corridor outside the room to have wifi access, 2) hotel room was infested with huge cockroaches- we killed a total of 7 cockroaches during our 3 nights stay. Despite efforts by the hotel, they could not seems to get rid of the cockroaches. They explained that the upper floors of the hotel are still under construction causing this problem. The only saving grace for this hotel is its staff - duty manager Gerachine and housekeeping Issac provided attentive services.

Room Tip: There is no city view for all the rooms that claim to have city view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Love2travel388

Thank you for the review. Rest assure that we are putting in extra effort to resolve the teething problems in the current situation as the construction is still in progress. Works are scheduled to be completed by August.