Hotel Grandis
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Wah May Hotel(Kota Kinabalu)
View Hotel
Little Gaya Hotel(Kota Kinabalu)
Hotel Eden54(Kota Kinabalu)
View Hotel
Gaya Centre Hotel(Kota Kinabalu)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Sixty3(Kota Kinabalu)
Hotel Capital(Kota Kinabalu)
View Hotel
Tuaran Beach Resort(Kota Kinabalu)
View Hotel
The Jesselton Hotel(Kota Kinabalu)
  • Restaurant
Kinabalu Daya Hotel(Kota Kinabalu)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Garden(Kota Kinabalu)
  • Beachfront
All reviewsrooftop barjesselton pointsuria sabah shopping mallblu barsea viewroof top swimming pooldirect accesswatch the sunsetjesselton jettyspacious roomsmall poolfirst floorgaya streetfamily roombreakfast buffetminutes walk awaywalking distance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I was aware that this hotel is new and inevitably there will be kinks that need ironing out - but my stay here was very very enjoyable. Staff were friendly, service was good but best of all the rooms were gorgeous. So much more spacious than I expected, perfectly clean and just felt incredibly comfortable - just as expected of a 4-star hotel. The bathroom is lovely and big as well, love the shower and the way it's sort of separated from the rest of the bathroom together with the bathtub behind a glass door.

Location wise this hotel can't get any more perfect. Right next to the most popular mall in Kota Kinabalu (Suria Sabah) where you can get your shopping done and even catch a movie etc, and the hotel is also near the city centre where lots of excitement happens especially now since its Ramadan month (food stalls galore!!!). Other than that it is literally a 4 minute walk away from Jesselton Point where you can catch a boat to the famous islands. How convenient is that?

I also tried out Rosea Cafe and the piano lounge in the hotel. It's a very pretty restaurant and lounge - very comfortable and nicely set up. I had the buffet priced at RM65 and I REALLY enjoyed the food. Good and tasty selection of seafood, meat and excellent desserts. Will I be back to eat there? Oh yes.

Once the rooftop pool and bar is open and they sort out all the issues they might be facing as a new hotel, Grandis has the potential to definitely become the top hotel in KK city centre owing to its beautiful rooms with beautiful views and its perfect location. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank KKgirl93
Hotel-Grandis, General Manager at Hotel Grandis, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you for the great review. We are so encouraged and motivated. All our staff are proud to be able to deliver the highest standard of service and product. The hotel will be completed in about a month time when we will be able to offer even more facilities.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I accepted that the hotel wasn't quite complete when I booked, although I didn't see until after I had paid that the pool and skybar were not yet open.

Checkin took 30 minutes and I was the only person there. This seemed to be because the staff was new and trying to remember all the steps. That is still ok, but a smile, an acknowledgement of the time it took, a "thank you for your patience" would have been better than 30 minutes of being ignored while she figured it out (the superviser was watching, but let her learn - I have no problems with this, just the time taken and lack of interest in me).

I chose to carry my bag up - no problem. Until I reached a room being cleaned. Between the cart and the vacuum, the whole (quite wide) corridor was blocked. Training is clearly needed.

My room was big.....and hot and smelly. Surfaces had not been cleaned - glass rings, and sticky marks were clearly visible on the bedside table and desk. I was given 2 single beds, not a king :( Between the beds had not been vacuumed. More training needed! The smell was from bug spraying, there was a note. I had only been given one door card, so every time I went out, the air con turned off, increasing the smell.

Wifi was unreliable, cutting out frequently, needing login each time. It cut out about 5 times an hour. They changed the login (not the password, but the login) at 3pm without comminicating - huh? I was halfway through booking my onwards travel. Not happy to go and ask why wifi wasnt letting me on. It still dropped out just as frequently.

The room info suggested there should be bathroom scales and a dvd player that were missing from my room. There are 10 television stations, 3 in english (news, sport and one movie station - not helpful when insomnia strikes at 2am).

There is a tour desk. The guy spent most of his time playing solitaire. I went to look - there wasnt any information in English (it seemed to be in Japanese or Korean - not even arabic script!). He wasn't great at explaining what he had. I made my own plans.

The things I think were missing were a letter from the manager re what is still being worked on (all the info in the room indicated it was open, which is not accurate), a feedback form (my unhappiness stems from issues that can be resolved with training), communication and for staff to think from a guest point of view to get service in place.

Good points - location and view, but service really isnt up to par. Oh, and despite the duty manager having a desk in the foyer, I didn't see anyone there. I wouldn't have 'complained' but would happiky give feedback.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Driftergirl

Thank you for the review. With disappointment and humility, we accept this as a great learning lesson. We acknowledge that training is to be continuous and that we will improve and deliver the highest standard that we have promised.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

During our last vacation, we moved from two different hotels.... with poor internets & services , which eventually lasted at Grandis. As a family of six, Grandis provided us with 1 queen size and 2 single beds.... which was perfect for our family. We need not ask for any further extra beds.... as it was sufficient. The internet connection was excellent, as my wife & kids need to browse through their social media & i pads games. Food choices was great, which ranged from our local delicacies at Level 3 Suria sabah Food Court to the Western meals at the Basement. Nevertheless, the breakfast for 4 pax at Grandis' Breakfast buffet was up our expectation. We will come back again to Grandis for our next trip to KK :)

Room Tip: Do call them or book through facebook. Pool facilities are still under renovations. Sea View is the best.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Sopian1973
Hotel-Grandis, General Manager at Hotel Grandis, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you for your review. Certainly a very good assessment and hope will help others in choosing the family room for family. Hope to see you all back to Kota Kinabalu and Grandis soon.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

1- Staff are the best! The room are fully booked, Ms Gretchin the reservation Staff, Call me once there's a room for me because one of the booking were cancelled last minute.
2- Staff are Polite, Transparent & full with information. They frankly tell you if the room are noisy (cause by near to Suria Mall Car Parking).
3- New Hotel. Just 3 Months Old
4- Swimming pool & Gym are not ready yet.
5- Nice Bay / Sea View @ Rosea Cafe (Breakfast) & the food are Excellant!
6- They charge for using Internet & Printing at Business Centre.
7- Free WiFi In Room. One of the Fastest in KK. up to 2MBps Speed.
7- Overall, above Average for a 4 Star Hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank HAK87
Hotel-Grandis, General Manager at Hotel Grandis, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you for writing the review for us. We will continue to improve and make KK a pleasant place to visit with great hotel and services.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Grandis Hotel is new and good view. Some rooms are sea view. My room is sea view and construction site. It is new hotel. The higher floor are still decorating. Swimming poor and fitness centre are not ready. If you don't mind this, it is a good choice for traveler. The hotel is clean and new. The bed and pillow are very comfortable for us. The staff are nice and helpful. I will live here again if I visit Kota Kinabula next year. The location is good. There is a big and new shopping mall nearby the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 424Cat

Thank you for writing the review for us. We will continue to improve and maintain our goal of guest satisfaction.