“The hotel is modern and the staff are very friendly and courteous”

Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu
Ranked #3 of 92 Hotels in Kota Kinabalu
Sale, Victoria
“The hotel is modern and the staff are very friendly and courteous”
Reviewed 20 April 2011

The rooms are very comfortable with a beautiful view. The Starwood Lounge is sensational and well worth the extra upgrade. It is located centrally right opposite the fabulous local market. I really enjoyed using the pool, steam and sauna. It's a destination for a truly relaxing holiday. Just wished they had the Australia Network as one of their TV stations.

Room Tip: Best to book via the Internet
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
AlexRiva, General Manager at Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu, responded to this review, 22 April 2011
Thank you for sharing your wishes...all you need is to ask. I am pleased to let you know that Australian Network is now available in response to our high percentage of guests from Australia. I am happy you also enjoyed the Club lounge where the team continue to provide great services to the club guests.
Hope to have you back in the not too distant future.
Alex

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (563)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 18 April 2011

We stayed 6 nights at Le Meridien. The location was fantasic. Walking distance to so many places with lots of great shops and eating places close by. Tours are a reasonable price from the hotel lobby and the staff were very friendly and with great english skills. The rooms were very large and extremely clean with an abundance of shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and moisturise supplies. The breakfast was included in our price and has everything imaginable from international to western foods. Prices in the Lounge and restaurant very also very good. We had an english afternoon tea for 2 with coffee, sandwiches, scones and small cakes for $12 australian. I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for recommending Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu. It is great to know that our culinary offering from the breakfast to the afternoon tea exceeded your expectations and was value for money. With the recent opening of Flames serving quality steaks we are now extending the products available to our valuable guests.
Let me know if you plan to visit us again in the future.
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 17 April 2011

Book a room with sea view. Then you can enjoy watching the very beautiful sunset from your room every evening! It is worth the money.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for sharing. I must agree with you the view is really spectacular. I live in the hotel and of course am not staying a room with the same view however in talking to the guest I can understand the feeling.
Hope to have you back.
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 16 April 2011

We had a 1 night stay in LeMeridian after 2N stay in Nexus just to have a feel living in a place right in the middle of KK. All I can is that our stay was splendid and full of suprises.

We did not expect some special treat during our 1day honeymoon stay in this hotel. It was really memorable. The room was fantastic with a view facing 3 famous islands in KK.

Certainly would consider staying in this hotel again.

The only setback is that since the hotel is located opp. the KK and filipino market, you would certainly feel different ambience right after your leave the hotel area. I would say it is a bit smelly and dirty on the street.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
AlexRiva, General Manager at Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu, responded to this review, 21 April 2011
Thank you for spending part of your honeymoon with us. Delighted to know we had a part in making it a success and we look forward to maybe welcoming you back on one of your future anniversary.
Northern Ireland
Reviewed 16 April 2011

We Stayed in Kota Kinabalu and stopped at Le Meridien for Dinner at Flames with two friends from Oz. The moment we entered the hotel, Rodney asked if he could help us, he informed us of all the dinning options and made us comfortable with drinks and nibbles while we decided. After careful consideration of the menus we decided on Flames and this was no mistake, The restaurant has a great atmosphere even though it is only just opened and the attention to detail is second to none. We were offered fresh bread with a selection of dips and this was just mouth watering, I had to ask for more with my french onion soup as the boys had cleared this up in seconds. My french onion soup was just devine. The manager arrived and greeted all his regular guest and on his way out of the restaurant he stopped at our table which we all agreed was very nice of him to say hello to us and check that everything was ok as this was our first visit to his beautiful hotel with his amazing staff who are absolute ambassadors for his business. I would like to advise that Rodney was superb and made us feel like we wanted to check in to get more of this great treatment. Well done guys for exceptional service!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Hello thank you so much for coming by and try our newly opened Flames. It was nice to see you that evening and hearing that the onion soup was an experience and the steaks were quality.Rodney is indeed a key member of our team and we are happy to have him.
I hope on your next visit to KK you will stay with us.
Lincoln
Reviewed 14 April 2011

My husband and I and some of our family stayed at the Le Meridien from 15th March for eight nights. We were in KK to celebrate my brother's wedding to a local girl. We booked one of the Club Rooms and were located on floor 11, which is one floor below the club lounge. The room was large and spacious with a huge bed, plenty of storage space, mini -bar/fridge and a large bathroom with a bath, and separate large shower. I think that the rooms and bathrooms may need a little updating though. We had a room with a sea view which was great, I would recommend that you ask for a high floor due to the noise of traffic being very close to a busy road. It is city hotel, so may not be everyones' cup of tea!

If you go across the road you will be able to visit the daily market selling, fresh fish and seafood, fruit and vegetables and a good souvenir market where you can barter with the vendors.

The Club Lounge was excellent, we were served breakfast in there, afternoon tea, sandwiches, cakes etc between 1500-1700 and then from 1700-1900 - it was cocktails and canapes, very relaxing lounge with great sea views and lovely sunsets if the weather permitted. I would like to extend out thanks to Ade, Tamara, Maxwell and all the other club lounge staff for looking after us very well, they are so polite and helpful.

We did have room service one evening as we were babysitting for our nephews, however, we were disappointed with food quality and it was not very warm. The hotel buffet was very good with lots of choice and fantastic desserts if you like them.

There is a nice pool area on the second floor with a small amount of sunbeds, but as it is probably more of a business hotel they did not have that many. There is a pool bar and the barmen were very good in bringing out cool towels and fresh fruit chopped up most days. There is a gym too and a jacuzzi in the changing rooms together with a Sauna.

There was a situation where I accidently went into a glass door in the club lounge area and was pretty badly hurt on my foot, the staff assisted me and then arranged for me to go to the local medical centre to see a doctor and have an x-ray. I was surprised that the management were not aware of this until I was checking out, and I noticed that after the incident the hotel put stripes onto the glass panels that I went into. They were on other glass doors in the hotel, so they should have had them in all areas, especially as we had young children in our group. I would like to have been contacted by the management just to check how I was as a courtesy.

There a lots of shops and malls very close to the hotel, taxis are pretty cheap as well, and there are loads of restaurants across the road on the boardwalk. There are beaches if you want to go near the Shangri-La Tanjung Aru and the Sutera hotels a few kilometres away.

Overall we were happy with the hotel and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to provide such a comprehensive feed-back. I am pleased that overall you and the family had a good time and enjoyed our Club level services. I am disappointed however with the in room dining quality which we are now adressing by reviewing our existing standards. I also would like to personally apologize to you for reacting too late and not having been enough proactive on the incident you have encountered with the glass door.
Thank you for recommending us to others despite the above shortfalls.
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 14 April 2011

After the letdown at Hilton Kuching, I was prepared for another one by Le Meridien KK, being "one of those chain hotels". I was dead wrong. The bellboy got to my bags even before I got myself out of the taxi, checking-in was a breeze, the receptionists patiently entertained my late check-out requests (yes, I made 3 requests for different times), even gave me a Le Meridien pen when she saw me admiring it, I see the floor manager chatting amiably with fellow guests -- the staff were simply amazing!! The spacious rooms and generous supply of toilettries and towels, and the smaller things that a lot of other hotels would overlook like the sejadah in the room and the torchlight - completes it all. The location is superb - walking distance to the popular Filipino Market (practically 5 minutes!), pharmacies, cafes and restaurants, as well as the pasar malam. Needless to say, I enjoyed my experience with Le Meridien KK and will definitely return.

Room Tip: with this hotel, you will be taken care of.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
AlexRiva, General Manager at Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu, responded to this review, 15 April 2011
What a reassuring review thank you so much. It feels good to be the captain of the ship when the crew has done such a good job in looking after you. Indeed often large chain hotels might lack warmth and friendliness and I am happy we proved that is not always the case.
Do let me know if you plan to visit or any of your friends will be staying with us.