We stayed four nights at the Le Royal Club Suite at the end of April 2011.
Charming room which has been tastefully done up. The suite is very spacious and comfortable. The window is a bit small as compared to the deluxe rooms, thus compromising on the view. But we spent a lot of time at the Club Lounge where is view is much nicer, especially at sunset. The powder room next to the entrance is a plus for we do not need to go through the bedroom to use the toilet when our baby is asleep. The hotel is generous with toileteries, coffee/tea and drinking water, ensuring adequate supplies throughout our stay.
Although location is not as central as other hotels, its location is relatively good with a few shopping centres surrounding the hotel. About 10-15 minutes walk to Gaya Street; 5-10 minutes to the Ocean Seafood Village and right across the road from the Philipino Market and some eateries (Toscani Italian Restaurant, Coffee Bean, Portview Seafood Village, etc.).
We had access to the Club Lounge and our baby enjoyed roaming around the lounge a lot while we drank our coffee and enjoyed the view. Breakfast at the Club Lounge is limited to Western breakfast while the coffee house has a much wider selection (Asian as well as Western). However, we rather prefer the privacy of having our breakfast at the Club Lounge, as the coffee house can be quite crowded, especially on weekends.
Had a little trouble during lunch on our first day there, which is a Friday and it was full house. I was alone with my baby and we had to wait for more than half an hour for our food, which by then, my baby had got agitated and refused to eat when the food finally arrived. Other than that, the service was impeccable. The staff attempts to remember guests by their names and greets them with a smile.
It was really a pleasant stay and definitely one of the best hotels we stayed in. We will definitely be back the next time we are in KK!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Méridien Kota Kinabalu is a contemporary 5 star hotel, strategically located at the heart and city center of downtown Kota Kinabalu across the fresh and handicraft markets and Kota Kinabalu waterfront. Overlooking the sea, Le Méridien Kota Kinabalu features newly renovated rooms, leisure outdoor pool and sundeck with sunset pool side bar. Convenient within easy walking distance of other local attractions like Gaya Street in less than 10 minutes walk, retail and entertainment facilities in less than 20 minutes walk like Centrepoint, Suria and Imago Shopping Malls. Enjoy access to local art gallery, golf courses and other island excursions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood APAC, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Meridien Kota Kinabalu
- Kota Kinabalu Le Meridien