4 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$82
LeMeridien.comUS$82
Hotels.comUS$82
PricelineUS$82
TravelocityUS$82
Trip.comUS$82
2,690 results
All reviews night market latest recipe sea view the club lounge seafood the general manager filipino market the south china sea an upgrade breakfast spread shopping mall kota kk sunset concierge bathtub eateries
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 September 2011

We spent three nights here after 10 days touring Sabah (mostly without air-con or any mod cons).... what a welcome taste of luxury it was! 5min walk to the evening fish market, an amazing 2nd floor pool with a gym and reasonably priced spa (foot reflexology highly recommended!) plus an excellent cocktail list at the bar (£4.50 each). Spotless rooms with an ocean-view (at extra cost) and a deluxe bathroom. Nice little touch to provide free bottles of water too. No complaints at all!

Room tip: For extra cost get an ocean view
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
AlexRiva, General Manager at Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2011

No complaints....good news ! Thank you for enjoying your stay with us

Reviewed 30 August 2011

great hotel location, right opposite the night markets - could watch KK life for hours from my room!! great view of the 5 islands and China Sea. Value for money - pool on 2nd floor right opposite the markets too, great location. I really enjoyed this hotel - handy for the airport. Good breakfast. Friendly staff. Some rude businessmen checking in/out but once youre over them, you can relax! Great place for getting to the islands to snorkel - port 5 mins away.

Date of stay: August 2011
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review and for appreciating what we offer to our guets. I can't disagree with you that the view is just amazing with so much activities going on on land and sea.
Regards,

Reviewed 29 August 2011

It is hard to begin describing this wonderful place. But I will start with the people. The Malaysian people are the kindest, nicest and most helpful people on the planet. They simply cannot do enough for visitors, who are treated as honored guests. We found this at every restaurant and with every taxicab driver. And the staff of the Le Meridien were impecable. They learned our names upon arrival, and greeted us at every opportunity. They would actually stop what they were doing to rush over to greet us.

We enjoyed the absolute luxury of The Le Méridien Club rooms and suites, enjoying exclusive access to Le Méridien Club Lounge on level 12, with its luxurious setting, plush ambience and panoramic views. I have never seen anything quite like those sunsets and have travelled extensively all over the world. The food was unbelieveable and all included free of charge (or at least included)

We felt like royalty!!

Complimentary Continental breakfast, all day refreshments and evening drinks with canapés daily, My husband and I and 4 teenage children could not have enjoyed ourselves more.

The location is fabulous, the locals were accomodating and kind. The shopping was pretty good and the markets were fantastic entertainment!

Room service was positively cheap and the presentation is better than we would get in Australia. Our rooms were magnificent. Upon arrival our bell boy noticed a small water leak in the foyer so immediately upgraded us. This meant that we would not have adjoining rooms with our teenage children .. shame ;-) .. so two days later as another upgraded room became available the staff packed up all of the mess and shopping from 4 teenagers and upgraded them!! Amazing.

Greatest family holiday ever 14 days of snorkelling on reefs, sightseeing, exploring the mountains, fire fly tours, wetlands, speed boats, the list goes on and on!! We even got to swim with Giant Gropers on one of our trips to an island (Gaya) My husband and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary and he also celebrated a birthday whilst there and the staff remembered and made such a fuss. Absolutely beautiful people.

Cannot recommend highly enough, the GM, Alex Riva, went out of his way to introduce himself to us, greet us byy name and even invited us to have drinks by the pool one evening. Then the day before we departed he left a beautiful set of Postcards of Kota Kinabalu with a hand written note under our door. What a fabulous touch.

We will definately go back again!!
Highly Recommended

Date of stay: April 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank happy_hc

Wow what an amazing review I can only hope lots of travellers who are looking for a holiday destination could read this so that it would be easy for them to select Kota Kinabalu and Sabah - and of course Le Meridien :)
I am so pleased that the team went that extra mile to ensure all your needs would be taken care. I am sure you will be back do let me know when that happens so that we can make sure we will do even better next time
Regards,

Reviewed 26 August 2011

Stayed in Le Meridien KK for 5 days with my gal mate.
Good location - located in the city and Filipino market is just 1 street across
Good food - The seafood buffet dinner was good and worth while, those restaurant at Harbour Front are not good and expensive, I rather spend the money at the hotel quality food.
Good service - Hotel staffs are polite and provided all the things that we requested

I wished to share some activities in KK:
Padas White River Rafting by RiverBug - a very very good "once in a life time" experience, worthwhile! Really enjoyed the 1960s old train trip and the scenery in the Borneo rain forest.
Sapi island sea walking - very excited and good experience, we walked down to the 19ft deep sea and there are Nemo!
Mount Kinabalu Park - very relaxing and natural trip, enjoying the Mount Kinabalu view and the pleasant weather

Room tip: Request for a sea view room when you check in
Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
AlexRiva, General Manager at Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2011

Thank you for sharing your experiences both inside and outsife of the hotel. I am glad you had a relaxing time staying with us and found the service of good standards.
I agree with you the train ride is a true experience, that is the reason why we have sent several of our team members to experience it so that they can recommend it.
The trip to the Kinabalu park is also spectacular, did it twice with my scooter and particularly enjoyed going through hot weather, fog, rain and sun again all in the space of one hour. Beautiful.

Reviewed 26 August 2011

This is my 4th stay here in 2 years for business meetings and i really like the place. The staff is friendly, i know most of their faces and they know me by name, so a very welcome feel everytime i return. The food here is excellent with a variety of western, Malaysian and Chinese items available. The rooms are clean, spacious, air-conditioned and the ones on the ocean side have a great view of the market and the fishing fleet. In the Malaysian market maybe a bit more expensive than other. Compared to US prices very affordable also.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for making Le Meridien KK your hotel of choice whenever returning to Sabah. It feels good to know that many of our team members are able to recognize you when you are with us that is so important and something we very much focus on every day.
Really appreciate your continuous support