“Very good experience”

Ranked #4 of 92 Hotels in Kota Kinabalu
Stockholm, Sweden
“Very good experience”
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Our honeymoon experience started by us being freely upgraded to a large two rooms suite instead of a superior room and we even received little honeymoon chocolates and best wishes in the suite. Staff are very kind and friendly and have good attention to detail. We used the gym, which was quite simple but ok. Outdoor pool also fine. Breakfast was good with lots of options. The location of the hotel is great just next to the markets. We chose to stay an extra night and got a good price, 315 MYR for the suite, breakfast included, which felt like very good value.
Only negative things: the room had kind of a moist smell and were missing free wifi-connection, you had to pay extra for this (it was free in lobby area). Bar area closed at midnight, which was a bit early. But we would definately recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
AlexRiva, General Manager at Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu, responded to this review, 13 August 2012
Thank you Johan for the full marks despite the issue with moist smell in the room which we are following up on. I am glad overall you had a great experience.
Appreciate your recommendation to others.
Alex

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (558)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2012

I spent three nights at Le Meridien KK in early July, staying in a club room on the ninth floor. Check in was smooth and efficient, and I was in my room just five minutes after arriving. My room was very spacious and well appointed, the bed comfortable and the bathroom very nice. The view from the room was superb, and the evening cocktails in the lounge on the twelfth floor were great.

My only complaint would be that I had a very noisy neighbour one evening and I was woken up at midnight by the sound of their TV. I tried to knock on their door after an hour of noise but there was no answer so I tried to ring reception. Unfortunately despite trying three times there was no answer so I eventually had to get dressed and go down at 145am to ask them to ring my neighbour and ask them to turn down the TV. In all fairness it's not the hotel's fault when people are noisy, but it is frustrating when you can't get an answer from reception. Equally I was told that a manager would speak to me the following day, but nobody did (I wasn't that bothered, but if you say that somebody should make the effort really).

All in all I'd still recommend this hotel, it's in a great location in a great city.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank WindsorVillain
AlexRiva, General Manager at Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu, responded to this review, 29 July 2012
Thank you for sharing with us the incident which made your stay only nearly perfect.
Indeed the fact that you were unable to get assistance is not acceptable and and I am disappointed with the lack of follow-up after this happened. Rest assured we have learned from this situation and we are doing all necessary to avoid repetition. My sincerest apologies and again thank you for your overall positive feed-back on your overall stay.
Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia
Reviewed 18 July 2012

Spacious and lovely room with comfortable beds. The breakfast package was also equally amazing, and the staff was friendly and very helpful. LCD TV had movie, and sports channels, and the amenities are top class.

Was a bit disappointed that wifi/wired internet wasn't complimentary in the rooms.

Room Tip: Pay extra for the sea view. Worth it!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you Cyril for your thumbs up. On the internet at this moment we are trying to remain consistent with our sister hotels worldwide and internet continue to be chargeable in the room at a reasonable rate of RM 35 for 24 hours. That might change in the future but it hasn't been finalized yet.
Hope to have you back in the near future.
Hong Kong
Reviewed 18 July 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights,was given a nice spacious seaview room and boy the sunset was to die for :) (see pic) the room was great,bathroom big...had breakfast every morning with a wide variety of food...convenient hotel just beside a night market,in front of a hug local market and beside a small mall with massage shops,restaurants etc...also within walking distance to one of the bigger malls..just took a cab to one of their beaches and to the jetty to go for some island hopping :) Hotel service was very professional and they attended to everything i needed and were very willing to go all out for you..would stay again!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank nat623
Thank you Nat and congratulations on the sunset picture that is indeed one of the nicest I have seen in my 18 months here.
Happy you had a great time and felt the team looked after you well.
Melbourne
Reviewed 18 July 2012

It's been said before and I booked based on the reviews and couldn't be happier.
We had an executive suite with a 2, 4 and 6 y.o. staying in the adjourning room.
Great food, impeccable service and a fantastic location to explore the city and islands and plenty of room to not be on top of each other.
Absolutely fantastic.

Room Tip: club room and the 12th floor lounge are the way to go
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Kate_Robinson
Thank you Kate for taking the time to tell others although it has been said before. We love positive reviews as they reinforce our team members efforts in ensuring all of our guests are happy and will return.
I am glad we did well.
All the best,
Shah Alam
Reviewed 18 July 2012

Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu is located by the sea – although there is no beach in front of it. There are markets in front of the hotel selling souvenirs, pearls etc, with night market beside the hotel. There are plenty of places where you can eat – from roadside stalls to restaurants, all within walking distance. There are a few clubs and shopping centres as well nearby.

There has been quite a difference since I last stayed at the hotel a few years ago. I was on a 2 days business trip last month and decided to stay here again. I think the major different now is the staffs, whom seems to be more friendly, helpful and attentive with high degree of professionalism. All the staffs that I met were smiling and somehow I can sense that they take pride in what they are doing, so it is genuine – the concierge, front office, housekeeping, and of course those in the coffee house. It was a pleasant experience. Check in was quick and easy, in no time I was already in my room.

The room is huge, wonderfully decorated and clean. The bed was to my liking – a bit firm. You have plenty of type of pillows to choose from. I was happy with what I had. The arm chair was huge and sits comfortably – not the small type of arm chair which you have to squeeze to sit and slumped into the cushion.

The bathroom comes with a tub and a shower room with good quality toiletries set. They even hang a small painting in the bathroom. The towels smell really clean and fluffy.

The buffet breakfast spread is huge with plenty of varieties to cater to most taste buds – you have wide choices of breakfast cereals, breads, pastries, noodles, cold salad, fruits etc. There is even a spread for vegetarian. The coffee is brewed and served in a plunger, which is different from other hotels. In addition, they have a few staffs going around to guests tables with freshly squeezed fruit juices, freshly baked pastries etc, which is a nice change from the norm.

Due to the short time that I had, I didn’t have the opportunity to utilise the other facilities. But from what little experience that I have had, I definitely will be back to this hotel in the future, maybe for a short holiday with my wife. This time I think I will get the room facing the sea.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank mcbrain
I am so happy to read that you noticed a big difference from your previous stay and we are now ready to take on the challenge of making both you and your wife happy on your next visit.
Indeed one of our deluxe seaview room would help to impress her.
Let me know if you are coming and I will be happy to organize things for you.
Kindest regards,
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Centrally located. Great service, nice breakfast and spacious rooms. All you want. 5 star all along.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Thank you WIm for your thumbs up I am delighted you felt you were at the right place.
Till next visit