My husband is a SPG member, and we have stayed at a number of similar properties. We booked a sea-view room, and indeed had a great view from level 6 over the markets and out to the islands. It is centrally located, which is great, but also means slow trips home at the end of tours as the KK peak hour traffic is insane.
Staff were friendly and generally helpful, however after leaving some obviously badly torn clothing in the bin we received an email checking we had meant to do this.... the return email was then addressed to the wrong person and made no sense at all.
The room was spacious, but significant signs of wear were apparent, with a few things in need of repair. A problem with the air conditioning meant that tho we were on a non-smoking floor the smoke came into the room. There were problems with the light switches and things did not turn off/on as they should. There was also a significant amount of mould in the bathroom.
We ordered some room service for dinner, which arrived in a timely manner and was fantastic! Breakfast was also good, but nowhere near eg Le Meridien in KL, but it is a smaller centre, so that was ok. Good cultural variety in general. However, when it came to a simple cereal based breakfast, the cereal, fruit and juice options were pretty limited, but we came to expect across Malaysia that getting a healthy cereal was probably an unrealistic expectation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Méridien Kota Kinabalu is a contemporary 5 star hotel, strategically located at the heart and city center of downtown Kota Kinabalu across the fresh and handicraft markets and Kota Kinabalu waterfront. Overlooking the sea, Le Méridien Kota Kinabalu features newly renovated rooms, leisure outdoor pool and sundeck with sunset pool side bar. Convenient within easy walking distance of other local attractions like Gaya Street in less than 10 minutes walk, retail and entertainment facilities in less than 20 minutes walk like Centrepoint, Suria and Imago Shopping Malls. Enjoy access to local art gallery, golf courses and other island excursions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Meridien Kota Kinabalu
- Kota Kinabalu Le Meridien