Had booked a club room and after a hassle free check-in we were given a room on the 9th floor with a sea view which was superb. However there the praise ends. Although the room was huge it only had one comfortable chair in it and as there were two of us it meant one person had to sit on the desk chair and this armchair was decidedly grubby. If we had been staying longer than 2 nights I would have complained about it. The bathroom was a good size with a separate shower and bath but the enamel on the bath was chipped in a few places, for the money we paid for this room I would have expected better. There was only one towel and robe(suitable for someone size 4 and 4 ft tall!) but a quick phone call rectified this.
We had breakfast in the club lounge on the 12 th floor and again the view over the harbour was superb. There was not a lot of choice for breakfast but we had been told there was more choice in the main dining area but what was disappointing was how slowly the serving plates were replenished - it does not look good to leave a fruit plate out with only a couple of slices of water melon on it. The two staff worked really hard to serve drinks and clear tables. We were met with the same scenario of empty serving dishes at the evening cocktails too.
Internet access was painfully slow.
We have stayed in quite a number of hotels in this part of the world and would say that the meridien might be a 5 star hotel on paper, in practice it would struggle to get 4 and definitely does not offer value for money. We are presently staying in the Four Points in sandakan, also a Starwood hotel and although it is officially a lower ranked hotel, it beats the meridien hands down on facilities, service and value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Méridien Kota Kinabalu embraces the aesthetic and eclectic beauty of Sabah while showcasing superb views of the city, Mount Kinabalu, and the South China Sea. Located in downtown Kota Kinabalu, and within easy walking distance of local attractions, the commercial district, and retail and entertainment facilities, the hotel provides easy access to some of Malaysia’s finest beaches and golf courses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Travelbag, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Meridien Kota Kinabalu
- Kota Kinabalu Le Meridien