Bottom line: I would consider staying here again only because of my SPG status. I would consider the shangri-la and maybe the Hyatt in the meantime. There are only a few things that need to be taken care of so that I would not consider a future stay at the Hyatt and hope the future renovations will take care of these small issues. I enjoyed the staff as they give this hotel potential with the future renovations.
Just finished up a 4 night stay with two rooms and I'm SPG PLT. Was given two regular connecting rooms our first two nights and was upgraded to a suite with sea view with a connecting room the last two nights. This was a family vacation with my three kids all 6 and under.
At a little over 100 USD I think this hotel has value. However, I would still look at the Hyatt or maybe even the shangri la. I would have a hard time paying over 150 for this hotel.
Center of town within walking distance of the night market.
Rooms are spacious
Suite is vary spacious with separate living room and half bath
Club lounge has a great view overlooking the south China sea for viewing great sunsets
Breakfast is decent with various selections of food
Staff were friendly and polite. Hiza, one of the breakfast staff remembered our drink order from the previous morning.
pool has a bar and some views of the sea but trees block most of the views. Don't go before noon as the sun will be blocked by the hotel and the water will be cold. You may also get the smells from the fish market below.
Large bathrooms with separate bath and shower
Two of our four pillows in our first rooms were those hard foam pillows. 1 pillow in our suite was the foam pillow.
I guess I'm spoiled with the SPG heavenly beds. These beds are not them and were stiff in my opinion.
The closets had lights in them that leak though. Most closets that have lights in them turn off when you close the door but these didn't and I had to unplug them at night so I could sleep.Overall the hotel feels worn and it seems liked little details are overlooked or not kept up.
Couches in suites are not fold out so you will need extra roll away beds for kids.
Flat screen TV is small, maybe 27"
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Méridien Kota Kinabalu is a contemporary 5 star hotel, strategically located at the heart and city center of downtown Kota Kinabalu across the fresh and handicraft markets and Kota Kinabalu waterfront. Overlooking the sea, Le Méridien Kota Kinabalu features newly renovated rooms, leisure outdoor pool and sundeck with sunset pool side bar. Convenient within easy walking distance of other local attractions like Gaya Street in less than 10 minutes walk, retail and entertainment facilities in less than 20 minutes walk like Centrepoint, Suria and Imago Shopping Malls. Enjoy access to local art gallery, golf courses and other island excursions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Meridien Kota Kinabalu
- Kota Kinabalu Le Meridien