Stayed here for 2 nights on way to Sepilok. Hotel is a 70s relic. Lobby toilets smelled rancid. Guest floor and bedroom had bad mold / mildew problem. Carpets threadbare and stained. Wallpaper stained and peeling. No bath mat supplied. Towels tiny and v thin. Overall this hotel is in urgent need of a refurb and shouldn't be charging luxury hotel prices given its current condition. On top food and drink is poor quality and over priced. Will avoid Starwood hotels in future as clearly no quality control. If you're looking for a luxury hotel Shangri La have got it right in area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Méridien Kota Kinabalu embraces the aesthetic and eclectic beauty of Sabah while showcasing superb views of the city, Mount Kinabalu, and the South China Sea. Located in downtown Kota Kinabalu, and within easy walking distance of local attractions, the commercial district, and retail and entertainment facilities, the hotel provides easy access to some of Malaysia’s finest beaches and golf courses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Starwood APAC, Booking.com, Travelbag, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Meridien Kota Kinabalu
- Kota Kinabalu Le Meridien