After climbing Mount kinabalu we were looking forward to a night recovering before our flight the next day and we weren't disappointed at Le Meridian. The staff were friendly, the room well equipped, clean, functioning and manna to my aching body, a bath tub. Not always a standard in Asia. Food was all very good and mostly reasonable. The pool area is nicely presented. The one thing that, well if I'm honest, shocked me was the price of soft drinks and water in the hotel. A massive 22rm for a bottle of water and 18rm for a sprite. A small matter but so out of sync with the rest of the 'fair enough pricing' feeling in the hotel that you feel a little insulted. There's a shop next door, pop over there I'd say.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Méridien Kota Kinabalu is a contemporary 5 star hotel, strategically located at the heart and city center of downtown Kota Kinabalu across the fresh and handicraft markets and Kota Kinabalu waterfront. Overlooking the sea, Le Méridien Kota Kinabalu features newly renovated rooms, leisure outdoor pool and sundeck with sunset pool side bar. Convenient within easy walking distance of other local attractions like Gaya Street in less than 10 minutes walk, retail and entertainment facilities in less than 20 minutes walk like Centrepoint, Suria and Imago Shopping Malls. Enjoy access to local art gallery, golf courses and other island excursions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Agoda, Southall Travel, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Meridien Kota Kinabalu
- Kota Kinabalu Le Meridien