Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu
US$395
US$140
Hyatt Regency Kinabalu(Kota Kinabalu)
US$103
Hotel Sixty3(Kota Kinabalu)
US$64
US$60
Agoda.com
The Klagan Hotel(Kota Kinabalu)
US$53
US$46
Priceline
US$49
US$43
  • Restaurant
Hotel Shangri-La Kota Kinabalu(Kota Kinabalu)
US$52
  • Breakfast included
US$331
US$303
2,345 results
All reviewsnight marketspg memberthe club loungesea viewseafoodthe general managerfish marketlocal markettour deskcentral locationwet marketthe south china seaan upgradebreakfast spreaddvd playerwater frontspacious room
Reviewed 10 April 2014

There was nothing I didnt like about our stay. rooms were huge, bathrooms huge! comfy beds and wonderful friendly staff! We enjoyed cocktails by the pool and cocktails in the bar area. happy hour was always a bonus! I had a sea view room, overlooking the night market. great location as well. would definitely stay here again if I was returning to KK. can also recommend soon chuan for food- a great chinese kedai kopi on the corner of the night market. the beef with ginger was so good we had to order more!

Room Tip: sea view is great!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank pashypants
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my family to celebrate my daughter's birthday. I requested for a small birthday card for my daughter but the staffs went beyond that by arranging a card, a cake and special decorations in the room which include balloons, much to the joy of the birthday girl!

The rooms were huge and well-kept, and the view during sunset was amazing. We went to the club lounge for afternoon tea and evening canape. The food could do with much more varieties but the staffs were really courteous and attentive. The seaview is again breathtaking, but we retreated to our rooms for a much more private sunset viewing. I used the sauna room and had a dip in the jacuzzi, was the only one using the facilities, all were good.

For breakfast we went down to the main restaurant, the Circle and the selection was huge with high quality food. I enjoyed the buttery almond croissant, just like i did during my previous stay. The checkout was swift and the van we requested arrived on time. Overall it was an excellent stay and we all enjoyed it so much, thank you. My special thanks go to Mr Rizan Ajmin, who has been a star right before our arrival until departure.

Room Tip: Always upgrade to sea view rooms, worth every penny!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Really enjoyed my stay at Le Meridien. The room was nice and spacious with all the amenities. Very comfortable and clean. The hotel was great with nice decor and very helpful and friendly staff. Would definitely recommend the place. Centrally located as well.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Le Meridien is in a great location, the view from our deluxe sea view room is spectacular. The hotel itself is clean, the lobby is particularly nice at night and the pool is quite nice too. We arrived early and staff checked us in hours early without any fuss or delay. We were able to check out at 3pm too which was very convenient in terms of our flight time.
Staff are quite friendly and helpful although as seems to be a rampant problem in Hotels in the area we can never get a thorough answer when it comes to directions from the concierge. We asked for directions to the nearest supermarket and basically just received a wave in the general direction of centre point. The response should be detailed directions - ie right here, left there and then down to the basement. We are tourists, we need help and we don't want to waste our time finding destinations!
The wifi here is excruciatingly slow! I am only using my phone for reading news articles & communicating with family and even that is impossible at times. Articles take forever to load. If the service was complimentary like it has been in every other hotel we have stayed in I wouldn't mind, but it really does leave a bad feeling about the hotel to have to a)pay for wifi and b)receive an extremely slow service. What I am paying here for three days would pay 2 weeks of high speed, unlimited download internet at home! Having to pay for wifi changes my perception of the hotel slightly and I really think it seems like a bit of a money grab for a poor service. That is the only thing that detracted from the hotel, but being that we have a two year old so spend a lot of time in the room when she naps and goes to bed early it would have been nice to have reliable wifi.

Room Tip: Get the sea view for sure, beautiful view
Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 April 2014

The room I got was spacious with a beautiful sea-view. The bathroom had both a shower cubicle and a bath tub. Internet wi-fi connection was complimentary and the room came with a DVD player.

Breakfast at the hotel was good but after the second day I realised the buffet breakfast spread was similar to the day before.

The hotel itself was strategically located in Kota Kinabalu with the popular Filipino market just across the road from the hotel. Finding a place to eat is not difficult with numerous places nearby to sample the city's famous seafood. Kota Kinabalu airport is a mere 10 minutes drive by taxi.

Overall it was a good experience staying at the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for sea-view or sea-facing room. The view is great.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business