My family was in KK for a holiday last week. We stayed in Le Meridien on 4 nights. One night, we had a city-facing room, which was huge and very comfortable. 2 twin beds. Toilet shower is separate from the bath and the toilet is huge too. Also came with vouchers for free cappuccino/espresso at the hotel lobby lounge! Very nice gesture. Check-in was fast and the lobby staff gave helpful info on the things to see and do during our stay.
The location of the hotel right smack in city centre means it is really accessible to the market and the malls. There are cabs readily available at the hotel entrance. Starbucks is just across the road and Gaya street is a 10-minute walk away for the Sunday market.
There is a huge market opp the hotel - selling grilled food in one section (lots of atmosphere and yummy wings!), and fresh veg in another, live seafood in another! Lots to see at night!
On our second half of the trip, we stayed in a sea-facing room which had a curved extension so it was even bigger! The housekeeping staff was really thoughtful - they must have observed by the pairs of shoes in the room - they gave us 6 bottles of water on Day 2! (so much water was provided in the rooms that throughout our stay in KK, we never had to buy water. Amazing!)
We had a few meals at the Circles Restaurant. Service is nothing short of excellent. Food quality great. We tried the international buffet on Monday - really good deal with 50% off for SPG members! And the kids ate for free =) Really liked how they did grilled tiger prawns, cuttlefish and crab on the spot !
During one breakfast at Circles, when we were being served coffee, the waitress kindly offered hot chocolate for the kids, which I felt was really nice and considerate. Our first at a hotel breakfast where the kids get chocolate. Not even at the Shang ri La Rasa Ria, where we stayed the second night in KK.
The kids meals are value for money - a giant pizza cost us 20RM, before 20% discount for SPG members. For one dinner, we waited a while for our orders to arrive. The waitress brought us papadums, pumpkin soup and warm bread rolls to apologise for the wait! Wow!
Le Meridien just set the bar higher and higher! We received a note slipped under our door, inviting us to a cocktail session by the pool , with the management. There was free flow beverages (including wine and beer) and finger food like eclairs and tim sum. The chef taught my kid how to make eclairs! interesting experience!
The pool on the second floor is great! Nice views of the sea, nice jacuzzi and not crowded at all the few times we went.
When we used the free cappucino vouchers at the lobby lounge, the kids were given 2 plates of cookies - free!! ( We just couldn't stop smiling at the good service each time.)
When I reached back in Singapore, I received an email asking if I had left behind something they found in our room, and an offer to send it back to us. I am just so impressed =)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Méridien Kota Kinabalu is a contemporary 5 star hotel, strategically located at the heart and city center of downtown Kota Kinabalu across the fresh and handicraft markets and Kota Kinabalu waterfront. Overlooking the sea, Le Méridien Kota Kinabalu features newly renovated rooms, leisure outdoor pool and sundeck with sunset pool side bar. Convenient within easy walking distance of other local attractions like Gaya Street in less than 10 minutes walk, retail and entertainment facilities in less than 20 minutes walk like Centrepoint, Suria and Imago Shopping Malls. Enjoy access to local art gallery, golf courses and other island excursions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Booking.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Meridien Kota Kinabalu
- Kota Kinabalu Le Meridien