Booked a Deluxe SeaView room with SPG webpage. A week before our arrival, The Hotel Marketing Services did a great job sending us welcome email & to reply if we have any special request on room set up with types of fruits, pillows , newspaper etc. which we did.
We checked in to Room 818 (far from the Lift , next to the Emergency Stairway) on 28 June 2014, stayed for 2 nights, room is spacious , nice view of the south china sea supposedly the KK Waterfront. Hotel location is just a stone throw away from all the shopping centres & markets. Room is fully equipped with amenities but only one bathrobe & a piece of soap despite our reservation of 2 adults in the room. Wireless connection is not free in the room. They did not offer the requested Borneo Post newspaper, instead its Sabah Times. Enquire at front desk, staff said we gotta to request for it???? Room Corridor smelled of food , there is a table trolley left for 14 hours outside few rooms away with left over food. Service staff should have cleared it away.
Business centre is located inside the Gym Area, quite inconvenient , was closed when i needed to use for printing. Went down to concierge , could not get our Boarding Pass printed as the staff did not seem to understand passenger need to do it by themselves. . Attended friend's 60th birthday function..Mabul Room is located inside the recreation area , quite a far walk to the restroom!!. Not a great experience for a first stay , there is certainly room for improvement.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Méridien Kota Kinabalu is a contemporary 5 star hotel, strategically located at the heart and city center of downtown Kota Kinabalu across the fresh and handicraft markets and Kota Kinabalu waterfront. Overlooking the sea, Le Méridien Kota Kinabalu features newly renovated rooms, leisure outdoor pool and sundeck with sunset pool side bar. Convenient within easy walking distance of other local attractions like Gaya Street in less than 10 minutes walk, retail and entertainment facilities in less than 20 minutes walk like Centrepoint, Suria and Imago Shopping Malls. Enjoy access to local art gallery, golf courses and other island excursions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Southall Travel, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Meridien Kota Kinabalu
- Kota Kinabalu Le Meridien