My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 6 nights and 7 days. Our first time in KK, so I had looked on trip advisor as to the various hotels. We like to be in the "middle of the action" so to speak, and we were not disappointed. The hotel is very central and there are several restaurants diagonally across the road as well as Starbucks and Secret Recipe not far from the hotel.There were two shopping centres to the left of the hotel, one to the right, a short walk and one Suria Sabah, a $5 taxi fare away (and definitely the most modern of all these.)There was a money changer in the next street and massages, pedicures manicures etc close by to the hotel. We had breakfast in the hotel daily (included) as well as a dinner for two and a bottle of wine (included) and the quality of the food was excellent. Could not fault the service or the friendliness of the staff, Our hot water was not quite as hot as I liked it, so rang service and within 5 minutes someone was there to fix it. We used the hotel safe in the lobby and the service there was likewise, excellent.We also booked three tours through the hotel and all were very good indeed, We did take a taxi to see the Shangri La resort(45 mins out of town) because a friend stays there. It was lovely, but very isolated and we could see no other food outlets so guess you would have to eat at the hotel. If you want a resort style hotel, stay at the Majellan Sutera.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Méridien Kota Kinabalu is a contemporary 5 star hotel, strategically located at the heart and city center of downtown Kota Kinabalu across the fresh and handicraft markets and Kota Kinabalu waterfront. Overlooking the sea, Le Méridien Kota Kinabalu features newly renovated rooms, leisure outdoor pool and sundeck with sunset pool side bar. Convenient within easy walking distance of other local attractions like Gaya Street in less than 10 minutes walk, retail and entertainment facilities in less than 20 minutes walk like Centrepoint, Suria and Imago Shopping Malls. Enjoy access to local art gallery, golf courses and other island excursions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Meridien Kota Kinabalu
- Kota Kinabalu Le Meridien