Le Meridien is an excellent hotel in the perfect location for exploring KK. From the moment you arrive, you are made feel very welcome with friendly staff greeting you. Check in (and check out) was quick and smooth. We stayed 4 nights and had a harbour view room with a lovely vista over the sea and islands. Just gorgeous! The bed was so comfy and not rock hard like everywhere else we’d stayed in Sabah. Good mini bar, TV, air con. in a very spacious room with modern furnishings. Bathroom was large with great shower. The only slight down side is that the walls are a bit thin and we could hear people in the hall and next rooms. Thankfully they weren’t too noisy.
There are malls next door to grab a snack and wonder around. The market is across the road that sells mainly fresh fruit, veg and seafood, with the handicraft centre only a few meters further along. The waterfront restaurant precinct is only 100 metres away offering heaps of choice for dining. We loved the Indian restaurant so much, we went back twice.
We also had dinner in the hotel restaurant one night from the ‘al la carte’ menu which was OK, but too expensive for what you got. We also tried ‘Rumba’, the tex-mex / bar at the rear of the hotel. It looks like a great night spot (but we didn’t stay up that late). The food was very ordinary. We thought we’d start with a snack after a long day snorkeling and ordered some nachos to start. I reckon if a restaurant can’t get nachos right, what will the rest of the food be like? Honestly, it was a plate of cold corn chips with heaps of cheese spread layered over the top with a couple of pieces of tomato… Needless to stay we didn’t order mains and ate elsewhere. Head to the waterfront for much better food.
Breakfast in the hotel is a huge buffet, with so many choices! Probably the best breakfast spread I’ve ever seen (and I travel a lot). Many types of fruit, salads, breads, pastries, including 7 types of fruit juice! Then there was hot food with many types of western, Malay, and Indian style food. You could also have eggs cooked to your liking, or noodles cooked fresh with the ingredients you want. The highlight for me – they had vegemite for my toast (which some Aussies would appreciate after 4 weeks away from home).
We didn’t use the pool but it looked lovely. Everything was superb – particularly the staff. When we return to KK, we’ll be staying at Le Merdien again for sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Méridien Kota Kinabalu embraces the aesthetic and eclectic beauty of Sabah while showcasing superb views of the city, Mount Kinabalu, and the South China Sea. Located in downtown Kota Kinabalu, and within easy walking distance of local attractions, the commercial district, and retail and entertainment facilities, the hotel provides easy access to some of Malaysia’s finest beaches and golf courses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelbag, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Meridien Kota Kinabalu
- Kota Kinabalu Le Meridien