I am currently staying at this hotel.
1. Good location for KK city centre.
2. Large rooms.
3. Good breakfast.
4. Good gym.
5. Small pool but adequate.
1. Unfriendly receptionist. Their booking system is not clear. I booked a Royal club suite but apparently it does not include access to the club lounges (despite calling it the club room). I thought this was misleading! When I argued that I wouldn't have booked that particular room rate if I knew that access to the club lounge was not included, they insisted that they could not do anything about this. In the end, after much "discussion" I settled for an upgrade to a sea view room at a lower level than I would have liked. I was very surprised to find how unhelpful staff at reception were, given that I have stayed in this hotel every January for the last few years (at least taking two rooms at any one time). The reception staff were unfriendly and certainly did not make me feel welcome!
2. The rooms (deluxe and suite) were spacious but there is a strong offensive drain (toilet) smell whenever the Air conditioning system is not switched on. Carpets looking somewhat tired.
3.I paid in advance for my room reservations. Given my experience I decided to shorten my stay and consider other options. The hotel management was quite inflexible and it was only after much insistence on my part that one of the managers agreed to use my paid reservation towards another room which was then used by my brother. The manager informed me on the phone that “he was not in a habit of doing this for anyone and that he was not going to be able to do such things in the future! He certainly made me feel that he was doing me a huge favour rather than being a paying guest in this hotel. The hotel was not busy and when I asked the receptionist if they had other rooms available, I was informed that they had plenty of rooms available. This was indeed the case as I booked 4 more rooms for the weekend as my relatives were staying with me. It was convenient for them to stay at the same hotel as it was a get together for us.
4. My sister’s room toilet was not working properly. The cistern water continued to flow, which was rather noisy.
5. The flower displays in the hotel lobby were beautiful but were a mixture of live and dead lilies.
I choose a hotel to stay at mostly based on its facilities but mainly service. In the past, I thought this hotel was good but it has left me with a bitter taste on this occasion. My family and I used to stay at Rasa Ria Shangri La Resort before changing to this hotel because of its the location a few years ago. I think it is time for me to consider my options again next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Méridien Kota Kinabalu embraces the aesthetic and eclectic beauty of Sabah while showcasing superb views of the city, Mount Kinabalu, and the South China Sea. Located in downtown Kota Kinabalu, and within easy walking distance of local attractions, the commercial district, and retail and entertainment facilities, the hotel provides easy access to some of Malaysia’s finest beaches and golf courses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Travelbag and Southall Travel so you can book your Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Meridien Kota Kinabalu
- Kota Kinabalu Le Meridien