My husband and I were backpacking around Malaysia and had no set plans of where we would be staying each day. We were traveling to KK and were told to check out Le Meridien. On the day of our arrival we called ahead to enquire on availability and prices and were greeted warmly over the telephone. We were surprised at the rate offered (RM380++) and decided it was worth the visit. On check-in, we were met at the door and our bags were taken. Reception was immaculate and the check-in staff very friendly. On processing our booking, we were asked if we wanted twin beds or king (we chose king), smoking or non-smoking (we said non-smoking). We were then given a key to our room and found we had been put on a smoking floor. We called reception and told them there had been a mistake, of which they were quick to fix up. The rooms were lovely and spacious with a big bathroom and great views and after a long day, this was a welcomed rest. We fell asleep easily only to be woken at 6am by the sound of someone vomiting in the room next door… which sounded more like they were at the end of our bed...the walls were paper thin! The noise was awful. We could not get back to sleep. We decided to just get up and head downstairs for breakfast, which was included. Unfortunately it took forever to be seated and we were put at a tiny table, so we asked if there was a nicer one (which there were plenty of) and the response was not good! Finally we were allowed to move tables; we put down our bags and headed to the buffet but when we came back with our food....there were other people sitting at our table. Our bags had been moved and we were sent to another table that was filthy and unset! We had to ask for cutlery, ask 2 times for our table to be wiped clean, then 3 times for our coffees and then we were asked to pay for the breakfast, which had been included in the room charge! We decided to check out, at which point a huge bill was presented to us. To start with, the room price had shot up RM200 from what we had been told! I kicked up a fuss and finally managed to get a 20% discount, however the final bill was still more than we had been previously advised.
The hotel itself was beautiful, the breakfast buffet was the best we had seen and the pool/gym was stunning....such a shame the service let it down, their competitors are doing it better!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Méridien Kota Kinabalu is a contemporary 5 star hotel, strategically located at the heart and city center of downtown Kota Kinabalu across the fresh and handicraft markets and Kota Kinabalu waterfront. Overlooking the sea, Le Méridien Kota Kinabalu features newly renovated rooms, leisure outdoor pool and sundeck with sunset pool side bar. Convenient within easy walking distance of other local attractions like Gaya Street in less than 10 minutes walk, retail and entertainment facilities in less than 20 minutes walk like Centrepoint, Suria and Imago Shopping Malls. Enjoy access to local art gallery, golf courses and other island excursions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Meridien Kota Kinabalu
- Kota Kinabalu Le Meridien